GH3 Boss battle help?

ambientZ

[H]ard|Gawd
How do you win the boss guitar battles? I tried a number of things against tom morello and think i only won by luck. Slash keeps kicking my ass and i need some help / hints.

This is on medium, i get a decent number of 4/5 stars on the songs.

Slash manages to get his rock meter back green very quickly, lowest i've managed to get him is low yellows.

Things i've tried:

Just after getting a battle gem, i wait until he starts his next set, doesnt seem to work, as he picks up his battle gems anyway as well as goes back green before his set ends.

Saving up 2-3 gems then using them pretty close to one another, doesnt work very well, he's using his gems in the meantime causing me to miss some. Also, he's maxes on the rock meter before i start to use them. Depending on the combo i get, it sometimes works better than others, but he gets back to green almost instantly.

Any thoughts / walkthroughs? I love the game, but hate these damn battles. To me they seem down to luck over who gets what battle gems, and whether or not they can play through them. Plus half the ones i use are useless and he plays through them. At least tom morello was totally screwed when i threw a difficulty up at him, slash just laughs at them it seems.

Only whammy & broken string seem to have a decent effect on him. And of course you cant control which you get. Even broken string doesnt always harm them if they arent playing that string.

Hmmm, don't know why you're having so much trouble. I just beat the game on expert. The only "trick" I found is that when he uses the "broken string" attack on you, I use my right hand to tap to "fix" the string.

At the beginning I use them (the first 2) right away. Then I save some and do 3 at a time or so, sometimes 2. Have at least 2 towards the end when the solos get really long. I haven't faced slash yet, but that is how i beat morello

oh and don't miss:)

I beat him on expert, but assuming it's the same, I think it's honestly as much luck as anything else. It took me several tries to beat him, but when I did I believe it took 3 attacks total, 2 of which were whammys. Broken string and the amp overload both work well for making him miss getting his attacks, but whammy seems to be where it's at for making him fail. Double note seems to take a while to take effect.

dont use double notes alone. Double notes + (Amp overload OR broken string OR whammy) is a great damage dealer

use them JUST before he starts playing, or while hes TRYING to get battle gems. using one will cancel his ability to get them.

Get all your battle gems. and use them right before he has a chance to get a battle gem.

Back