• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

GF's X2 3800+ Needs help

SulSeeker

Gawd
Joined
Dec 16, 2002
Messages
574
Tried reseating her cpu cooler, yanked out the aluminum OEM cooler and put a copper core Cooler Master HS/fan combo on it. Can't keep the temps down...

untitled-1.jpg


Also the 4850 she now has is Blisteringly hot, any one found a way to cool these cards yet? Thanks for the help.
 
are you sure the temps are being reported correctly? Is the machine crashing?
 
Machine is not crashing... But I would rather bring it down for OC purposes.

This particular X2 has seen 3.0Ghz with 1.474 Volts, and never went above 50c, tho I had a tunic tower 120 sitting on it.

I'm honestly not sure if the temps are 100% accurate, but it's acting like a damn space heater at the moment, so I have no reason to question them.
 
Ok, speedfan is showing 46c idling, CoreTemp is showing 22c on 1 core, 26c on the other, (+/- 1c)
 
OK, thanks Toast

I don't know how to setup speedfan I guess, I thought it was load and go... Prime95 pushes 49-50c on one core, and 43-44 on the other according to CoreTemp.
 
i hate speedfan it told me that my cpu was colder than i thought it was and got my hopes up :(
 
OK, thanks Toast

I don't know how to setup speedfan I guess, I thought it was load and go... Prime95 pushes 49-50c on one core, and 43-44 on the other according to CoreTemp.

Easiest way to setup is go here. Register(it's free) and locate your mobo. You'll get a ticket number for a config file. Once you have that go to the Info tab in SpeedFan, press the Get Config button, and enter the ticket number. Now it's all setup for you.

43-49C is good temps, nothing to worry about.
 
Back
Top