GF's X2 3800+ Needs help

SulSeeker

Gawd
Tried reseating her cpu cooler, yanked out the aluminum OEM cooler and put a copper core Cooler Master HS/fan combo on it. Can't keep the temps down...

untitled-1.jpg

Also the 4850 she now has is Blisteringly hot, any one found a way to cool these cards yet? Thanks for the help.

are you sure the temps are being reported correctly? Is the machine crashing?

Machine is not crashing... But I would rather bring it down for OC purposes.

This particular X2 has seen 3.0Ghz with 1.474 Volts, and never went above 50c, tho I had a tunic tower 120 sitting on it.

I'm honestly not sure if the temps are 100% accurate, but it's acting like a damn space heater at the moment, so I have no reason to question them.

Ok, speedfan is showing 46c idling, CoreTemp is showing 22c on 1 core, 26c on the other, (+/- 1c)

OK, thanks Toast

I don't know how to setup speedfan I guess, I thought it was load and go... Prime95 pushes 49-50c on one core, and 43-44 on the other according to CoreTemp.

i hate speedfan it told me that my cpu was colder than i thought it was and got my hopes up :(

OK, thanks Toast

I don't know how to setup speedfan I guess, I thought it was load and go... Prime95 pushes 49-50c on one core, and 43-44 on the other according to CoreTemp.

Easiest way to setup is go here. Register(it's free) and locate your mobo. You'll get a ticket number for a config file. Once you have that go to the Info tab in SpeedFan, press the Get Config button, and enter the ticket number. Now it's all setup for you.

43-49C is good temps, nothing to worry about.

Back