Getting windows to properly recognize 2 Monitors?

sniper991122

Supreme [H]ardness
So my monitors had been running fine until I plugged in my tv to watch a movie... Now it recognizes my dell 2005fwp as the 2nd monitor and my 15'' lcd as the 1st monitor..

The problem with this is when I run World of Warcraft its resolution is limited by that of the other monitor (wont do widescreen).... I've tried resetting drivers, disconnecting the other displays and restarting but it still shows the 2005fwp as the 2nd monitor and wont let me do widescreen now :(

After more reading, the dell 2005fwp does have to be identified as monitor #1... switching it to VGA would make it #1, but if it HAS to be #1 then how come I've been using DVI and been able to get widescreen to work up until now and how do I change it?

Im using an X800 XT and when I plugged in an s-video cable and hooked it up to my tv it screwed all this up.. I just want it to be normal again :(

Most graphics cards allow you to select whatever display you want as your primary display. If you have an nVidia card, open the nVidia control panel and select the nView option. There should be a drop-down box that will allow you to select whichever monitor you want as your primary display.

If you have an ATI card, you can find a similar setting in the Catalyst control panel.

I've got my dell 2005fwp selected as the 'primary' display both in catalyst as well as in the display settings, but its still the 2nd monitor... if anyone knows catalyst better and knows where specifically I could change this?

I just dont understand why its screwing up after having used the s-video port...

Back