getting VisionTek GeForce 4 4600 TI

l337*g0at

Gawd
Well, I've been needing a new card for a while. I'll be upgrading my GeForce 4 mx440, hard modded, to a VisionTek GeForce 4 4600 TI 128meg. I know this card isnt nearly as good as the other cards. (Yes I know , that was just the understatement of the year)
I'm doing some car selling webpage for a guy and for that he is paying me with the card.
I was browsing on ebay and saw the card for $130. Couldnt find the card on any other sites. Just wondering if anyone knew how much this card is really worth ? I don't want to get ripped off. Thanks in advance. - g0at

On eBay $100+, forums ~$100. Locally, $100+

The last one I picked up, I traded $90 worth of stuff for it.

I beg to differ. I have an eVGA gf 4600 for sale in the fs/ft forums. I orginally put it up at $90 shipped. Now im trying to get a buyer at $70. It is an excellent card, but I think you might have trouble getting more than that for it.

edit: read that you were buying. Dont buy it for more than $90, imho.

dude, you can pick up the 9600XT for 100 bucks

the GF4 series should go for like 50-70 depending on model #

Dreaz said:
dude, you can pick up the 9600XT for 100 bucks

the GF4 series should go for like 50-70 depending on model #

True, but the Ti-4600 will kick the 9600XT's ass (except in DX9). I don't think one would be worth $130, but it would definately be worth $70-90.

l337*g0at said:
Well, I've been needing a new card for a while. I'll be upgrading my GeForce 4 mx440, hard modded, to a VisionTek GeForce 4 4600 TI 128meg. I know this card isnt nearly as good as the other cards. (Yes I know , that was just the understatement of the year)
I'm doing some car selling webpage for a guy and for that he is paying me with the card.
I was browsing on ebay and saw the card for $130. Couldnt find the card on any other sites. Just wondering if anyone knew how much this card is really worth ? I don't want to get ripped off. Thanks in advance. - g0at
You are getting ripped off.

Any web development at all is worth more than that, ESPECIALLY when the guy calls you in three months and wants you to update his page that you made for him...oh, he'll probably need some help getting it hosted, and guess who will be the one to hook that up....and when the page goes down, its going to be you.

Not worth a ti4600 at all.

diablo111 said:
True, but the Ti-4600 will kick the 9600XT's ass (except in DX9). I don't think one would be worth $130, but it would definately be worth $70-90.
I dont' think it would "kick its ass"

both cards are insufficient for todays games...

but yeah, the 9600XT can handle DX9 better...get that one.

There is a point where cards don't drop in price anymore...the 4600 is past that point, you can do better.

KingPariah777 said:
You are getting ripped off.

Any web development at all is worth more than that, ESPECIALLY when the guy calls you in three months and wants you to update his page that you made for him...oh, he'll probably need some help getting it hosted, and guess who will be the one to hook that up....and when the page goes down, its going to be you.

Not worth a ti4600 at all.

I have done freelance web developement for a few years and have had quite a few pages put up. This is only the case if you let it be the case. You have no obligation afterwards, and about the hosting... i was more than willing to send my friends some new customers.

anyway if the guy is your friend, and you are going to be putting a few hours in it, then yes it is worth it. I would do it.

Aku12 said:
I have done freelance web developement for a few years and have had quite a few pages put up. This is only the case if you let it be the case. .
Wise words.

I am a pussy pushover.

Yeah, I've sold a card like that about 2 months ago for 70Shipped, so it's not a great card, but it would go good in a very low-end system lying around.

So... $70-$80 Im getting here. Crapola. Last site I designed I charged $1500.
Guy is pretty much computer illiterate. His good friend is sending me the card.
From what I know so far, its going to consist of 65 pages. (Just found that out a few hours ago) I think I'm going to charge $4500 or something.

Thanks for the speedy input guys !

l337*g0at said:
So... $70-$80 Im getting here. Crapola. Last site I designed I charged $1500.
Guy is pretty much computer illiterate. His good friend is sending me the card.
From what I know so far, its going to consist of 65 pages. (Just found that out a few hours ago) I think I'm going to charge $4500 or something.

Thanks for the speedy input guys !
65 pages? good hell. Is it purely informative, or is there interaction? I would charge a lot more for interaction (ie online orders, calculators, email forms, etc).

Back