Getting up to speed with iOS

Breath_of_the_Dying

[H]ard|Gawd
Hello fellow programmers! I usually lurk in the games section, but all my free time seems to be going to learning everything programming,

Little background: I come from the .Net World, and have been using a great website to refine all my skills in .NET anywhere from MVC framework, to unit testing practices, and better design considerations like DI. 2013 for me is the year of the Engineer for me, for I feel like I'm transitioning from a programmer/developer to a Software engineer. I've been in the industry professionally for 2 years, and I'm really loving everything in the .NET world. A few years ago I was the developer for an iPhone game, but since then I havent touched any objective-C

That puts me as the "best candidate" at my work to take up the iPhone projects (maintaining existing ones and completing projects in progress). Not only am I rusty, but I was programming for iOS 2 or 3 (its been so long i cant remember specifically). I can understand the code, but my mind isnt used to the conventions and coloring of the IDE. I have little experience with the inner makings of ViewControllers in iOS since my game was made mostly in openGL ES1. I'm using Pluralsight and Ray Wenderlich's iOS by example books at my starting point. I'm sure I'll rely on SO when i have more questions, but I dont even know the questions to ask yet! Does anyone have any other good recommendations to help get up to speed?

i don't really understand what you are asking here. ray wenderlish's website has more then enough information to get you up to speed. if your looking for more the official iOS documentation from apple is where you should be at. if you need someone to walk you through the process of iOS development you can try the beginner tutorials on icodeblog.com. the devs there do a really good job of breaking everything down with pictures.

here, i will go as far as to give you a link, unless you have a specific question the rest is up to you.

http://www.icodeblog.com/2011/08/17/back-to-basics-hello-iphone/

good luck.

Apple has very good programming guides and sample code. WWDC videos are also all free and a great resource.

You fill be hard pressed to find better learning resource.

Back