Getting the logo back in the tray???

magoo

[H]F Junkie
2FA
Joined
Oct 21, 2004
Messages
14,700
I lost the folding logo from my taskbar???? How do I get it back in there????

Second question......what program is there to monitor the progress of all my machines???

I dont always have my boxes attached to the net, so it would be nice to know when they are about due to send work.

Thanks in advance. :D
 
I don't know if you can monitor the progress of all your machines but you could get EMIII to monitor the progress on each machine separately.

I, too would like to know how to get it to the taskbar. Are you using the console version? That's what most of us use.
 
If you run it as a service at startup, you are not going to see it on the taskbar.
 
You can use EM3 across a network. You need to share the F@H folder and give it read/write privlidges. Then when you define a boxen, you just point to the UNC share of the folder and follow the same procedure as setting up a local boxen.
 
AtomicMoose said:
If you run it as a service at startup, you are not going to see it on the taskbar.
Maybe he's running the non-console version and he's talking about the Task Tray I believe? Could OP confirm which client he's running please?
 
AtomicMoose said:
If you run it as a service at startup, you are not going to see it on the taskbar.

I'm pretty sure mine is running as a service but it is still in the taskbar. I'm not positive so I'll have to check and report back.

edit-----

Ah, I had screwed up so many times that there were 5 services in the msconfig. Anyways, in the config.cfg, where is the option for starting as a service so I can manually edit it.
 
iSkylla said:
Anyways, in the config.cfg, where is the option for starting as a service so I can manually edit it.
It should be the third option in the config, don't use notepad to change it. Stop the service using services.msc from the run prompt. And go to cmd, change directory to the folder where you want to change the config file of that specific fah client. Type in thenameofyourclient.exe -configonly and press enter.

There you should be able to change the services option.

Then of course restart the service using services.msc once again.

Edit: Clean up your registery.
 
Jon855 said:
Maybe he's running the non-console version and he's talking about the Task Tray I believe? Could OP confirm which client he's running please?

Graphic,5.03,XP running as usual......just not in the tray.
 
magoo said:
Graphic,5.03,XP running as usual......just not in the tray.
Any special reason for running the graphical client?

Ditch it and go console. All the cool kids are doing it.
:D
 
I like the purdy pictures.
Yes it was in the start-up and I guess this box restarted sometime yesterday......duh.
Thanks. Guess I'm just not cool :eek:
Is the console faster???

 
Oh well, I restart it and then it will start. I hope I disabled the right one and made the other one automatic. Well, it's running fine as of now.
 
magoo said:
I like the purdy pictures.
Yes it was in the start-up and I guess this box restarted sometime yesterday......duh.
Thanks. Guess I'm just not cool :eek:
Is the console faster???



The console is faster because it doesn't do the purdy pictures.... and it's a hell of alot more stable... but, if you do want pictures, use EMIII to display them....


Keep on Folding!! For the [H]orde!!

 
I actually liked the SS but I prefer faster folding.

Fold for the cure. Fold on.



 
Back
Top