Getting the following errors on windows server VMware

Soldier101

Gawd
I have Exchange running on VMWare 4.1

This server is running exchange 2007. These are the following errors I am seeing. I have searched google but haven't been able to find any solutions so far.

Error 1
---------------------------------
Message: ID=137 Source=Ntfs Type=1 Message=The default transaction resource manager on volume \?Volume{296b302a-0c40-11e1-9963-005056850006} encountered a non-retryable error and could not start. The data contains the error code.
Device: Chamberexchange
Category: VirtualDevice
Error Condition: Critical
Generated at: Nov 12,2011 05:02:19 PM
---------------------------------

Error 2
----------------------------------
Message: ID=57 Source=volmgr Type=2 Message=The system failed to flush data to the transaction log. Corruption may occur.
Generated at: Nov 11,2011 05:02:48 PM
----------------------------------------
Error 3
----------------------------------
Message: ID=12 Source=PlugPlayManager Type=1 Message=The device 'VMware Virtual disk SCSI Disk Device' (SCSIDisk&Ven_VMware&Prod_Virtual_disk5&22be343f&0&000100) disappeared from the system without first being prepared for removal.
Generated at: Nov 11,2011 05:02:48 PM
----------------------------------------

The errors indicate a disk problem. Check that you don't have a physical problem with your disk system on the vmware host.

It sounds like the host is losing access to the storage.

Can you provide more info on how the host connects to the SAN?

host connects to the SAN via ISCSI and cat6 cables. Each server has two ports, going to a switch and each san port plugs into same switch..some link aggregation is going on as well.

May want to move this to the virtualization forum. But you need to go in to like esxtop and look at the storage latency and any errors. You have a problem there somewhere. No issues doing what your'e trying to do..but you have a network or back-end storage problem somewhere.

Go look at errors and storage latency.

Back