Getting the CRT

EBoundEE

Weaksauce
After much deliberation for between whether to go for the LCD or CRT, I've come to my conclusion. Although CRT's are gonna be bigger, I've decided that shouldn't stop me from getting the best monitor I can buy.

After debating whether a 2001FP or a nice CRT was the way to go, I've just decided to go the CRT route. I'm thinking once OLED's come out and the technology for current LCD's is a little better catered towards gaming (it's not that bad, but still), then I'll purchase a LCD.

For now I think I've decided on what monitor I want to go for. I have a 21" now, but I figured I could go the route of the 19" and save a couple hundred bucks in the process. I decided to go with the NEC/MITSUBISHI DP930SB-BK 19" SuperBright Diamondtron CRT Monitor.

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=24-002-220&catalog=23&manufactory=BROWSE

Seems like a good monitor to me, anything else that might be better without going to much up? Or is something less in price probably better worth my time?

Edit:
What about this puppy?

http://www.techonweb.com/shop/products/productdetails.aspx?id=960807

Check out the Viewsonic A90f+ @ BestBuy or CompUSA...around $210 i believe.

19'' flat crt

mossman said:
Check out the Viewsonic A90f+ @ BestBuy or CompUSA...around $210 i believe.

19'' flat crt

The DP930SB is the best monitor he can get in the 19" range and it just dropped in price at Newegg this week. I think its just $269 now. Has the best refresh rates out of any other 19" CRT.

I've only had mine a week but i love it.

Ok i'm pissed lol. I just ordered this monitor less then 2 weeks ago and its dropped almost $30 at Newegg since then! They always drop prices right after i order :( .

Let us know how it is. I was planning on getting a new monitor and was thinking of that one. But I'm not really sure. I'd like to see it in person,but I'm not sure what store even has that in display.

MentallyNormal said:
Let us know how it is. I was planning on getting a new monitor and was thinking of that one. But I'm not really sure. I'd like to see it in person,but I'm not sure what store even has that in display.

Well if you have any questions about it just ask. I've had mine for a couple of weeks now and i wouldn't trade it for any other 19" CRT out there.

EBoundEE said:
I love it! :drool:

I was a little mad when i first went looking for the FP912SB and found out it was discontinued because i really wanted a NEC stamped one lol. Since then through i've grown to love the Mitsubishi label and will buy the Mitsubishi DP2070SB if i upgrade again in the near future :).

just ordered one of these last night, needed a new monitor for a while now. had this compaq mv700 since 1998 and im getting tired of the max for 1024x768 is 85hz lol
was thinking about lcd but decided to get one at a later date, have a 15" one that is purty but they are just too expensive for a good 19" + up

cant wait for the monitor! will get here wednesday!!

Back