Getting shared folders to always need login

Zalbag

Limp Gawd
Hi all,

How do I get it so everytime someone tries to access my computer they MUST type in a username and password? Right now if you type it in once, Windows remembers it so they don't have to type it in again....

Thanks in advance,

Zalbag

Ooops, forgot to mention that :) I am running Windows XP Professional (everyone who will be connecting will be running Windows XP Professional as well)

I kind of figured they would be, but wouldn't there be a server side setting that you could set that would force people to always re-login everytime they try and access something shared?

Zalbag said:
I kind of figured they would be, but wouldn't there be a server side setting that you could set that would force people to always re-login everytime they try and access something shared?
Nope, because the server always sees the password come across. It has no way of knowing whether or not that's a cached password.

So in other words, the only way to achieve my plan of world domination I need Active Directory?

you could set a reoccuring task on all clients doing the following command

net use * /delete

It resets the stored password when you reboot. Not sure if that helps (prob not) but perhaps :D

Back