getting robbed.

erf

[H]ard|Gawd
earlier in the year someone decided to pay their bills and buy a computer via my bank visa. i'm almost 100% sure that it happened by means of someone getting my info off of the net. by using info on my bank statement i traced the person to Canada and thankfully the bank took care of the rest. i still dont know if the person was caught but it really did piss me off. how in the hell do people pull this shit off?

He got caught, it's not too hard to find out who's bills it belongs too ;) Justice has been served. Now go visit him in jail and tell him who you are and say you're glad to see him behind bars.

erf said:
earlier in the year someone decided to pay their bills and buy a computer via my bank visa. i'm almost 100% sure that it happened by means of someone getting my info off of the net. by using info on my bank statement i traced the person to Canada and thankfully the bank took care of the rest. i still dont know if the person was caught but it really did piss me off. how in the hell do people pull this shit off?
There are a number of ways to get CC information.

You can buy it, find it, some web site can insecurely leave it laying about ( happens quite frequently ). Given the level of sophistication this "gentleman" possessed, I would guess he either got lucky and found it, or bought it.

Seriously, using someone else's credit card to pay your own bills is just about the dumbest thing I've heard of.

I had a charge card hit with a huge game server bill by someone using a card number generator (they figure). he had been trying for several attempts and finally got 1 to go thru.

It worked out for me, the bank gave the money back, but i'm not sure what happened to him.

Back in the day I *knew* people who would trade calling card information...kinda the same i guess...

QM

The other easy place for some to collect CC numbers is to simply write them down while on the job. Ever wonder what that waiter/waitress took so long when s/he went to ring up your food? I know several people who all had their numbers stolen and the police were able to track a large collection of numbers back to the same resteraunt.

I dont know.But some myg0t hates me and my community and he now has my cell number and all my personal info.Being so young I have no clue what to do either. :mad: :confused:

lt.murda said:
I dont know.But some myg0t hates me and my community and he now has my cell number and all my personal info.Being so young I have no clue what to do either. :mad: :confused:
huh?

like someone already said, there are scum out there that record credit card numbers (pizza guys, at restaurants, stores, etc.) and them sell them.

Back