getting rid of klipsch ultra 5.1's

stag3

Limp Gawd
background info: sorry to bring this up again. but i've had my amp sent back twice so far and they've both lasted about 6 mos before dying again. this is on 5.1 ultras. when i turn it on it makes a whining noise for about 1-2 hours before it goes away and i can listen to the system.
is there any harm in leaving these on 24/7? that way i dont have to wait 1-2 hours before listening to music or playing games? i've had it with these speakers but i figure at the very least, i can buy a receiver and some other sub to use with the satellites. sure i'll lose control pod functionality but it would be taken care of by the receiver.

thanks

funny thing is my original klipsch 4.0 v2 system is still working fine after a decade lol
but these "ultras" lasted 2 yrs on first sub/amp, and 6 mos for each replacement they sent. that was a total of $200 bucks as it was 90 for each replacement + shipping back to them

so i guess my question is. what receiver are you guys using for the klipsch satellites? any 5.1 will do correct? i do not see myself upgrading to a 7.1 ever as this is just for pc gaming/mp3 listening. what sub are you guys replacing the klipsch one with? or are you using the same enclosure ? and putting a new amp in it?

I'm about to do this to my set after the repair that I did a couple weeks back failed to fix the problems. I am going cheap with the receiver and getting a Pioneer VSX-519V-K and maybe a polk psw-10 subwoofer. I hope the subwoofer is comparable to the Ultra's sub, which was perfect aside from the quality problems. I don't like boomy subwoofers.

If I were you, I'd just ditch the whole system. That's what I ended up doing and I couldn't be happier.

But of course, if you're on a tight budget, then buying a receiver and a budget sub should be fine for a while.

If I were you, I'd just ditch the whole system. That's what I ended up doing and I couldn't be happier.

But of course, if you're on a tight budget, then buying a receiver and a budget sub should be fine for a while.

well what would you recommend for the same price as the klipsch's were ?
i'm fine spending ~400 for a receiver/sub/satellites
i figured i had the klipsch's so i might as well use them.

Back