Getting ready for Amd zen build your help neede

DGMurdockIII

Limp Gawd
I'm looking to build a amd zen computer I want to start getting the my list of part together.

I now i want a 1070 nividia and gigabytes motherboard and 32gig of memory perfably muskin or Patriot brand i allread have a hard drives and SSDs. I have a level 10 gt case I want watercooling but if you think I should get a different case I'm all ears I would like to buy a kit that has everything so I can put it together my self iv only used all in one watercooling so if I don't have to buy a case that save me mony

go ahead and get whatever you want except the board and chip. youre gonna have to wait until they are actually released. aio cooling should still be fine. from all the "leaked" photos ive seen of am4 boards the retention brackets are basically the same as am3 boards. some manufacturers have said that coolers will work fine some have said adapters will be available. so idk, really have to wait and see. get a kit and case if you want but expect to add ~$400 to your total.

I have made a few posts in a thread over on the "Overclocking and Cooling" side as to why I think the through board holes for cooling mounting have changes.

I was looking at a deal on a Raystorm Waterblock for AMD but since I believe it won't work with AM4, I'll skip it.

I have a Raystorm cooling my 3930K I am typing on now. It is an amazing waterblock. It is good for a socket 2011, now I wonder if it is good for an AM4 because I am certainly getting a Zen once they hit the shelves. I hope this raystorm will have an adaptor bracket. The chip size is about the same if not smaller than the 3930K,. which is very large, I hope.

Yeah, I would advise caution if you are going to order a CPU cooler ahead of time, as mentioned ^^^ the OC & C sub-forum has talk that the mounting holes/brackets might have a slight shift to them. Best to honestly wait and see on that. Also keep in mind that if you order stuff ahead of time, the time-to-return will be ticking down even before you get the CPU/mobo.

I bought a 16 kit of DDR4 ram and a PSU for ryZen already. I also did not want to jump into that silicon lottery early so I also bought a B150 board and I3-6100 to test it on. Black Friday has some good deals. I have a 8320 for gaming but my son is always on that so a new small rig was in order. I also thought DDR4 prices might go up once ryzen comes out.

I don't see WC a level 10 effectively without a LOT of hacking
it has room for a 120 + 240 so why hack it? he can use aios or a regular loop no prob. that thing called google has a shit ton of examples...

I'm not going to order anything ahead of time just start to get my part list together so when is out i can already now what I want besides motherboard and cpu and possibly cooler

But as cooler goes I can get brand so I now what one i want to get

If you at the presentation of the new AMD noticed our MSI motherboard TOMAHAWK next generation RYZEN CPU ...?
1f609.png
;)

Back