Getting new CD key from company

shadowbreaker513

[H]ard|Gawd
Are companies usually good about giving you new cd-keys if something happens to yours? I just checked my game binder and the pocket where I keep all my keys was open and nothing was in there (mom probably cleaned it out). Now I am without my keys for AvP2 + expansion, AoM, Halo, Ut2k4, Far Cry, C&C Generals, and Bf1942 + Secret Weapons. I know microsuck charges your $10 for a new Halo key, but anybody know about the other companies?

or provide proof of purchase, sometimes scan the UPS on the box and send em in. they usually require you to prove that you are the owner of the game.

Thats about 80$ worth of new cd keys you will be buying. I know Farcry charges 10$ because i have had to mail in my discs and get a new key.

Well some I can live without, like Far Cry and AvP2 as you don't need the keys to install, only to play online. But still, this is gonna suck.......

Most of the time now a days you can just buy the game used on ebay even cheaper than what the company wants for a new key. Thats what I do and I haven't had any problems.

There are always alternate ways of getting CD-keys, if you're not going to be playing online. I really have no problem doing that sort of chicanery when I simply lost the physical CD key somewhere. Not piracy when you're staring at the CD.

Back