• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Getting my Xbox (not 360) wireless

GamezUK

Limp Gawd
Joined
Dec 24, 2004
Messages
152
Hi,


I've installed a modchip and turned my old Xbox into a media center which lets me stream my media from my PC to my xbox over a wired ethernet connection. This works great... except I'm limited by the lenght of the CAT5 cable and I'd really like my Xbox downstairs.

I currently have a Belkin 802.11g wireless router which shares my internet connection between the computers throughout the house.

What do I need to get my Xbox onto this network so I can stream my files wirelessly?

I have a spare Buffalo 54G Wireless Access Point so it would be great if I could use this.

Thanks for your help in advance.
 
you need Wireless Adapter Bridge for your xbox or you can get a wireless bridge and put the bridge next to the xbox.
 
forgot to mention you need a g adapter which can cost you a pretty penny. I suggest getting linksys wrt and mod it so you can bridge the connections and put it next to the xbox. You save a few bucks..
 
Back
Top