• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Getting my new PC tomorrow!

MrHuk

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 2, 2004
Messages
145
I've gone for the following:

64bit AMD 3500+ winchester
Asus A8V deluxe skt 939
512MB pc3200 Corsair
160GB Baracoda 8MB Cache
2 x Antec 120mm case fan
Antec 430wat TRUE POWER
Dracula Case
Counter Strike fan grill ;)

I'll be keeping my current floppy, cd rom and 9800 pro, I can't afford a new GFX card too and the 9800 pro will do the job, right?

This is replacing my current POS system that runs at 60c with the case OFF!

AMD 2100+
512mb pc2100
40GB POS HDD
POS PSU
POS case
no case fans

I will want to be using this for gaming, so my question is, how good will it be for gaming? Can I turn everything up and it still be smooth or not? I bloody hope so after speeding £500
 
Xtreme^ said:
I've gone for the following:

64bit AMD 3500+ winchester
Asus A8V deluxe skt 939
512MB pc3200 Corsair
160GB Baracoda 8MB Cache
2 x Antec 120mm case fan
Antec 430wat TRUE POWER
Dracula Case
Counter Strike fan grill ;)

I'll be keeping my current floppy, cd rom and 9800 pro, I can't afford a new GFX card too and the 9800 pro will do the job, right?
MOAR RAM! 1GB or bust.

Yes, a 9800 Pro will sit well with the system.
 
Yeah, I know I need more RAM but I've ran out of money, I'm going to try and sell the old parts and get another stick :)
 
Your videocard will be fine, but I would suggest more RAM...
 
Back
Top