getting in to programing

syonide

Weaksauce
i dont do any programing but i was wanting to get in to it a little bit but i would like to know if there is a way u can rewrite a bios with an available language like python or java or somthing like that if i said any thing stupid forgive me i really dont know what am doing

All BIOS' are written in an available language, Assembly with some binary. It's as close to the hardware as you can pretty much get and is more the more experienced flock (well, much more experienced).

Python and Java are both interpreted languages and can not possibly work for a BIOS under any circumstances. If you want to get into programming find a good book or online tutorial, start with "Hello, World" and go from there.

how low level do you want? what OS do you want to code for?

Check out Java, C# and Python for the higher level stuff. MS has a free download of Visual Studio 2005 Express available that'll get you started on C# (just google for tutorials). Once you pick up Java or C#, learning to the other is easy. You may also want to try some C++ for a slightly "lower level" high level language.

Back