getting free stuff?

frankyk

Gawd
i signed up for a free t-shirt from AMD, few things from NewEgg for feedback, free pens and such before but never have received any of it.

it's been about 3 months too, do any of you guys get the stuff you signed up for? like most of it?

oh we receive it. but you never know what will come or when. it's usually when you least expect it. but really don't worry about it. lots of times they don't come and you just sit and worry, but don't. sign up here then forget about it.

I've signed up for a ton of stuff linked in this forum and haven't gotten a dang thing.

Ive gotten scales, a granola bar, schick quatro, and an oak tree. Which is all I can remember off the top of my head, Im sure there are a few others.

Edit: Oh yeah the free mouse from microsoft warranty thing, the calculator, and quite a few sonic limeaides from e-coupon.

I get the 3/4 of the stuff but never when i expect it normally come one after the other very strange. Don't worry over it, its FREE :D

I've gotten a lot of things. I'm hoping for the AMD shirt most of all. That's the only reason I browse Free Stuff. I need an AMD shirt damn it

yeah I have put in for a bunch of free stuff also and only have received a few items. I don't sit here and worry about it tho. I think the best thing was the schick Quattro for my woman cuz the damn expensive Gilette kept breaking :mad:

Yea, see what happens with me is I order it, forget about it, then 3-4 months later its a nice suprise when you get something free in the mail :D

I couldnt tell you the amount of things I've gotten...Enough to fill my closet...

Just to list a few:

A dozen different magazine subscriptions (some till 2015)
a calculater
a half dozen t-shirts over the years
x-acto knife blade
daily/montly planner with my name printed on it
fake scratch off ticket (still waiting to find a victem sp?)
a couple stickey note pads
a cd holder
dozens and dozens of other crap lol

Man I've been doin this for years...you look around my desk and a good portion of the stuff there is free...hehe...just be patient and sign up for as much as you can...they'll
start showing up in your mailbox...

/edit oh yeah the best i've gotten to date (this was a couple years ago) was a gas mask with the cartridges and everything...probably a $30 value or so...

silentnswift said:
Yea, see what happens with me is I order it, forget about it, then 3-4 months later its a nice suprise when you get something free in the mail :D
reminds me of myself lol

I've gotten magazine subscriptions, the pricegrabber Ipod case, a razor, krchains, and probably more I can't remember. Like people said, sign up and forget about it.

I got pens, mags, a 10$ gift card, the tree, and other little things.

But I've never gotten any shirts or hats.

Ive recvd alls kinds of crap. freedom fries,panties "for my wife you sickos",pens watches shirts lic plate holders, still have oodles of stuff coming .. checking the mail is like xmas morning sometimes I never know whats coming.

i probably get back about 3/4s of the stuff i sign up for..

but dont run home every day and check the mail..

you'll go nuts lol

Yeah Ive gotten quite a bit of the stuff Ive put in for. About 80% sounds right. Though I think thats only because I tried to scam multiple items from the same place. :p
What the hell you gotta try right? :D

Only things i got was a flip calculator and the newegg t-shirt with license plate. The t-shirt is my pajama right now..

nosoup4you718 said:
i probably get back about 3/4s of the stuff i sign up for..

but dont run home every day and check the mail..

you'll go nuts lol

Lol reminds me of me, First couple days I ran home to check the mail, 3-4 months later, a nice little surprise

dude.. the first thing i got was those fedex boxes... i got like 20 cases of them 25 each... i was lmao... i was in ohio and my mom was home here in california, and they came to her house and she was like WTF.. haha.. but its all good because we burned them:)

then i get magazines, st pauly girl poster, lube i got, a mouse pad, oh btw i just recieved a license plate that says "Id rather be pimpin my pc" and a tee shirt that says indoor enthusiast or something like that... both from newegg...
i also got last best chance... i didnt see it yet...free coupons, i got a hat thats blank.. i dont remember signing up for it.. its just a black cap lol but i wear it...
good stuff comes alot... just dont wait for it, it will come

I've signed up for atleast 20 things so far

I've revieved golf balls and broken SUN Java mug.

I've signed up for quite a few things over the past few months and have started recieving stuff recently. I got a pair of work gloves, a coffee mug, a set of Maker's Mark tumblers and stir sticks (just came in yesterday), and and started getting my FHM mags (which started pretty quick after I signed up).

Still waiting for my spruce tree :) (Got my fiance to sign up for that too so we'll have a pair of them.)

Got my free Blingo movie tickets today. Anyone else who signed up under me won them as well.. I think there were 5 others. :)
DSCN2102.jpg

Well, I made the mistake of signing up without asking permission, which is a problem for some of us younger-members.
:p
AMD hat came today, it said I was a 'helper' at my dad's website. He and my mom were steamed about that. O_O

2 days ago My free dentyne ice gum came :p

mercedes-benz said:
Well, I made the mistake of signing up without asking permission, which is a problem for some of us younger-members.
:p
AMD hat came today, it said I was a 'helper' at my dad's website. He and my mom were steamed about that. O_O

2 days ago My free dentyne ice gum came :p

ROFL my AMD stuff showed up today, but see whats funny is there was no AMD logo on the box. All I saw on the box was a shipping label with a name called "Straight Aim", and I was like WTF?! thats the name of my CS Clan, wtf are they shipping me?!

ROFL my AMD stuff showed up today, but see whats funny is there was no AMD logo on the box. All I saw on the box was a shipping label with a name called "Straight Aim", and I was like WTF?! thats the name of my CS Clan, wtf are they shipping me?!

XD
Musta used that for your company?

'1337 gamer for Straight Aim'

I wonder what they thought when packaging that up. xD

mine had a amd logo on the shipping label... weird.
Also got a magazine with it.

When the dentyne ice came, my mom took it and said shes going to eat it. >_<

I got something better, this link came in my email the other day from Cincinnati bell. I am a subscriber to Zoomtown Dsl service, and only a current or existing Zoomtown member can get one, so If your a subscriber to Zoomtown.com, this is for you.

Nice and free too.
wireless7tx.gif

mercedes-benz said:

XD
Musta used that for your company?

'1337 gamer for Straight Aim'

I wonder what they thought when packaging that up. xD

mine had a amd logo on the shipping label... weird.
Also got a magazine with it.

When the dentyne ice came, my mom took it and said shes going to eat it. >_<

Haha, I think you are right. Man, I order this stuff so long ago I even forget the fake information I put in. I also got the AMD magazine

sanj101 said:
reminds me of myself lol

Same here. I get a majority of the stuff I sign up for, but it can take several months sometimes. It's always a pleasant surprise when it comes, though. :D

i've gotten:
book of mormon
those blades
newegg shirt
beef jerky
free mag subscriptions 2 or 3

i've also signed up for numerous amounts of shirts/pens/usb drives that I never seem to get.

Received maybe 4

Did receive a BOMBARDMENT of new E mail SPAM..
Thank you to multiple e mail accounts to handle this Bull SHit..

Free is NOT FREE :D

I've recieved alot of the free products I've signed up for such as:

Ubuntu CDS
Environmental Poster from EPA
USPS 25-30 pack of X-sized boxes
Beer Poster with an attractive female on it

still waiting for the key-drives I've signed up for.

I'd say I've probably received 2/3-3/4 of what I've signed up for. The key is to not expect things. Sometimes they take months, then it's like Christmas in your mailbox when stuff actually comes and you've long ago forgotten about it. :)

Over the last couple years I've probably received at least a dozen free t-shirts (am wearing the recent newegg one right now), a keyboard, several mice, a couple USB sticks, pens, calendars, food samples, vitamins and other personal care items (like shampoo, deodorant, laundry detergent), a tote bag, calculator, and other assorted goodies.

Thing is, a lot of offers are limited to the first 'X" number of respondents but they don't always tell you if you made it or not.

Getting free stuff is a bit of a game. Check here often and try to get in on things early.

Also, I'd recommend you use a freebie addy when responding so you don't end up flooded with spam. I've gotten a couple shirts from AMD, and they don't seem to mind your using a yahoo addy. :)

I have received my free subscription to Computer Shopper, HP paper samples, and samples from walmart.com (click on "free samples" - changes weekly or so...)
Oh yeah, I also have gotten my free ice creams from baskin robbins and ben & jerry - (I believe April 24 there is supposedly free ice cream at b&j - ask around)

I got an AMD "dual core duel" t-shirt a couple months ago it showed up about 6 months after signing up for it and came in a box with a big AMD label.

I signed up for a lot of things, all I have received was my shirt from Cybercamps & an AMD magazine.

Just got my first issue of EGM, yesterday w/ Rainbow Six: Vegas on the front cover.

I've gotten lots of cool stuff. Almost all the shirts I wear these days were free. I have ~4 free MS wireless mice. Got a free copy of Halo and MS flightsim. Countless bags for random electronic samples.
I guess it helps a little that I really do work for Raytheon.

Back