Getting feet \/\/et - H20 Antec P180 - What you're about to see may disturb you :)

ShiShKaBoB

Gawd
I decided to move to water cooling after deciding to WC a couple GTX 480's. So I have little modding experience, and no WCing experiencing, but I think I did my homework well enough to piece together a decent couple of loops.

Im going to let the pictures do most of the talking on this one, but I felt that my Antec P180 was ready for a makeover.. There is a certain satisfaction you get when an outdated case becomes viable again.

So the challenge I had was to not use any rotary fittings and planning how was I going to fit 2x120.3 rads, and 1 120.2 rads in this case and still have effective airflow.. It only took me a couple of minutes to decide that I had no problem looking at the rad's outside the case.. and thus the work had begun.

I will be updating the original post with pictures on a regular basis until all is completed.

In The Beginning...

img0998j.jpg

img0997i.jpg

Jigsaw + Dremel + Dreaming

img1004h.jpg

img1005w.jpg

img1049t.jpg

img1050h.jpg

img1131qi.jpg

img1132v.jpg

img1134tx.jpg

img1149k.jpg

img1151h.jpg

Have not put rubber in for the grill yet, just getting a feel.
img1156s.jpg

img1043fy.jpg

img1044j.jpg

img1048b.jpg

img1040s.jpg

img1197h.jpg

Some of the guts, and overall theme

img1065g.jpg

img1068f.jpg

img1071r.jpg

So do you notice I had to mounted the LC horizontally as I found the block to be resting on the caps which EVGA placed right next to the CPU socket when mounted vertically. If this creates a temperature problem I will be switching out the block.

img1086r.jpg

img1080g.jpg

img1123f.jpg

img1128e.jpg

So during the dissembling of the reference cooler on 1 of the GTX480's a screw got stripped so bad I had to revert to a dremel and eventually a drill to get the screw out of the card and heat sink.. "No GTX 480's, or heatsinks were harmed in this process." :clap::eek::eek:".
img1121z.jpg

img1103t.jpg

Pump used for CPU/NB/SB/Vreg loop
img1327u.jpg

Pump for the GPU's
img1343fm.jpg

img1345xk.jpg

img1171jc.jpg

img1028v.jpg

First flush of the MCR320
img1030rl.jpg

First flush of the TFC X360
img1170z.jpg

First flush of the MCR220

Odd Modz

img1063m.jpg

This will make more sense later into the build - basically it's my my MCP355 will rest in the drive bay.

img1054c.jpg

img1055r.jpg

The paint is safe for Arcrylics, I just could not justify the extra cash for the Black/Metal BP T's, I think these will work fine, 4 were painted, only 3 shown, these are the T's I will convert to elbows and will be using for my GPU blocks.
img1185gv.jpg

They came out perfect... Except I wont be using them and I have some BP Black metal T's on the way as I did not want to stand the risk of the Acrylics cracking over time which I have seen they can
img1315j.jpg

The Metal T's came in today, I was stoked when I saw the package.
img1316w.jpg

img1317ur.jpg

img1319h.jpg

img1135z.jpg

The start of some custom air boxes/shrouds

img1141u.jpg

img1147yl.jpg

img1148n.jpg

img1200d.jpg

img1201v.jpg

img1202k.jpg

img1205u.jpg

img1206e.jpg

img1209gy.jpg

And.. They're Done!! - Finally I can start system assembly!

img1211xg.jpg

img1213f.jpg

img1215b.jpg

img1216r.jpg

img1218zu.jpg

img1219s.jpg

CPU Loop is finished - the rest coming soon.
img1272c.jpg

img1289w.jpg

img1286o.jpg

img1296g.jpg

img1274j.jpg

img1275g.jpg

img1288l.jpg

img1284au.jpg

img1294g.jpg

img1299tv.jpg

img1285t.jpg

img1265r.jpg

img1280h.jpg

img1249o.jpg

Received the rest of my parts today 5/4/10
img1307p.jpg

img1321k.jpg

img1308r.jpg

img1323j.jpg

img1328l.jpg

img1330h.jpg

img1332ld.jpg

img1336f.jpg

img1338p.jpg

img1331g.jpg

img1334w.jpg

img1339xf.jpg

img1349n.jpg

img1356d.jpg

Added my T line.. I might change this around depending on how well it functions
img1346u.jpg

img1355g.jpg

img1357.jpg

Never mind the dust, I still have to blow this system out
img1352jz.jpg

img1351s.jpg

Thanks again for the comments guys, next is cable management

Last edited:
Holy smokes!!
lol, jesus, that's one monster of a WC setup, bit over the top for my liking but you have 2 480's so needs must aye :p

2nd look
It's nuts, looks horrendous!! Haha! Yet i like it, it's just way over the top :p :D [H] as fuck

Cheers, though its not my cup of tea. I am though, still interested in the resulting temps.

Lyk, whenever is rdy, pls gimme.

Nice work dude, love it...Keep it up

thats the craziest fucking thing ive ever seen. and ive seen some fucked up shit.

HOW DARE YOU?! You just pretty much brutalized a nice case! RAPIST! RAAAPIST!

But holy hell, this is just ridiculous. And just utterly overkill. And awesome. Did I mention overkill? Or Awesome? Yeah, overkill is awesome.

That thing fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down!

but props on a adventurous undertaking and successful mod.

ugh, thats interesting to say the least. there's no way you have a woman in your life, lol. she would banish you & that contraption to the garage or the basement if you're lucky lol

ugh, thats interesting to say the least. there's no way you have a woman in your life, lol. she would banish you & that contraption to the garage or the basement if you're lucky lol

Haha, yeah she's sitting right next to me, for the time being we have separate houses, but yeah we will never see eye to eye with this thing, luckily she lets me do my thing no matter how ridiculously, crazy, and outlandish my ideas might be.

wait... i scrolled through alllll that to get to this?.
If you waited a few more days it may be a tad more sharp, Im adding pics in a few minutes, that quoted picture obviously is not a finished product and I think the final outcome should look better.. but yeah it's not the prettiest to look at, but im sure it will serve it's purpose well.

lool. Temps please! :D

Ahh sadly I just found out that I will have to be out of town this weekend which was going to be testing and benching days, so it looks like I probably wont have temps until next Tuesday.. this waiting is killing me.

Thanks for the comments(good, bad and ugly ;) ), honestly did not expect the responses but glad I could share part of my concept.

Woah! When you said "may disturb you" you weren't kidding! I was doing OK until I got to this one:

img1286o.jpg

Crazy but awesome! I am interested in seeing your temps. Interesting use of plenums. Please comment on your fan noise. Nice work!

Woah! When you said "may disturb you" you weren't kidding! I was doing OK until I got to this one:
...snip

Crazy but awesome! I am interested in seeing your temps. Interesting use of plenums. Please comment on your fan noise. Nice work!

Dammmmmmnnnnn! This isn't going to be quiet by any means is it? lol

I have 16 fans, 3 of which are the Scyth 1900RPM Slipstreams - these 3 at 1900RPM are louder then all 13 of the Gentle Typhoons at 1850RPM's. Actually I have 2 fans per channel on the pictured 8 channel fan controller. The GT's I have all turned up to 1850RPM and it's still quieter than when I had a single 1900RPM slipstream on a TRUE. So as far as fan noise I keep the SlipStream at around 600-800RPM and it's still very quite, I wouldn't even know it was turned on unless I saw the fans spinning.

As far as temps go sadly I have not powered the board up as I have decided to add a second reservoir instead of the tline in the GPU loop because I don't want it to take forever as it was doing to bleed the loop.

Yeah to anyone thinking of using a tline.. just be prepared to spend a lot of time bleeding that baby..

img1368xw.jpg

So I have been holding out on this idea until I had it almost finish. Basically I am using removable plates so I can make any logo I want. I designed this H2O plate and had a friend laser cut the plate for me. I plan to make a [H] one, and may get more creative.. So I am holding it on with velcro. The images are an idea of how it will look. I got some plexi which I painted white on one side and left clear on the other. I plan to have 4 green LED's shining into it to create a green glow. The resivoirs are also going to be glowing green. The images here are only a piece of white film with some gren LED's behind it to give it the effect I wanted. Also, no cable management has been performed yet.

img1369m.jpg

img1372p.jpg

img1393mc.jpg

img1397cq.jpg

img1388p.jpg

img1386j.jpg

Almost finished but still have to make it more tidy.

have 16 fans, 3 of which are the Scyth 1900RPM Slipstreams - these 3 at 1900RPM are louder then all 13 of the Gentle Typhoons at 1850RPM's. Actually I have 2 fans per channel on the pictured 8 channel fan controller. The GT's I have all turned up to 1850RPM and it's still quieter than when I had a single 1900RPM slipstream on a TRUE. So as far as fan noise I keep the SlipStream at around 600-800RPM and it's still very quite, I wouldn't even know it was turned on unless I saw the fans spinning.

You're talking to someone who didn't like ONE GT1850rpm for exhaust on his FT02 because it was too loud lol. Hell I don't even like the 1200rpm S-Flex as exhaust because it's too loud for me!

I must respectfully say that while the work is good and I respect the modding done, it's super ugly imho..

I understand separating the loops and that you've got some super high end hardware but my god...

You could cool 2KW with those rads. I think you need some more. Maybe car heater cores tied on instead of the side panels? I heard 480's get pretty hot.

I was planing to run 470 sli of a MCR320 with 1450 rpm GT's pushing but maybe I'll pick up two quad rads and put push pull 3k rpm Ultra Kaze's on them just to be sure.
/jk

Sorry no temps yet, still havn't powered the board up yet.. currently waiting on Performance PC's to send me my res for the GPU loop. I have about an hour a day to spend on this bitch due to the "not spending enough time" with the girl.. (grrr) I did manage to get some of the cable management done though.

img1399uq.jpg

img1401y.jpg

This thing is amazing! Screw aesthetics!!! I'll take functionality any day!!!

(This is assuming you overclock the crap out of your stuff)

This thing is amazing! Screw aesthetics!!! I'll take functionality any day!!!

(This is assuming you overclock the crap out of your stuff)

I felt that way until I installed scyth ultra kaze 3000s in my 800D. I can't even imagine how loud this beast must be.

Woot, I got my Ek Multioption 100 from PPC's, got it installed and am bleeding now, should have some temps in the next couple of days.

As far as the noise.. seriously, i'll make a sound bite it's NOT loud.. And compared to the Ultra Kaze 3000's.. LMAO I would never be able to sit next to even 1 of those.. 3..2..1.. blast off ;)

Here is a good comparison between the The GT1850, and the UK3000

Im pretty sure that even one UltraKaze 3000 at full RPM is louder than my 16 fans at full RPM minus the Slipstreams.. because those are pretty loud at full RPM.

GentleTyphoonAP15

Scythe Ultra Kaze 3000

ScytheSlipStreamSH

Last edited:
So, just about done, I found that my rig draws 890watts from the wall without OC'ing the GPU's so I have a Silverstone ST1500 on the way, once it comes and I get it installed that will be the final straw.. This is the jist of the finished product.. the H2O is not finished yet.. I just put some UV Green sh!t up for the time being to demonstrate what I am trying to achieve.

img1418x.jpg

img1417l.jpg

img1431a.jpg

Also I found 1 of my SlipStream is not spinning on my MCR320 so once I get my ST1500 I'l mess around with it.. but the GPU temps idle at around 38-39C,(ambient 26C) and hit 60C after an hour of furmark, I highly doubt that plugging in the Slipstream will drop the temps. My 920@4010mhz/1.39v idles at 42C/66-67C under load.

I have a lot more testing to do.. the temps above where like real quick pluggin it in and checking.. Im going to play with the fan settings and noise ratio to find a sweet spot.. I personally am pretty happy that my GPU's won't break 60C Curious to see how much higher it will go when I OC the GPU's.. will keep it updated.

Last edited:
It actually looks nice. It could also be dead silent and cool anything so it is a cool design. Props for not making it look like rads zip-typed to a case. Can you pick it up by yourself and carry it to, say, the car?

Back