Getting errors while installing winxp pro

Tin_10

Bad Trader/Returning Ban
Ok guys, I am back, with yet a simple but stupid problem. I am trying to do a clean install on an 80gb Seagate SATA drive, it will be the only drive in my shuttle pc. Upon formatting, it installs the files, restarts, but when it gets to the "boot from CD" screen, it does the dots ....... and then says "Error Loading Operating system". So I thought, well maybe a sector is bad in the front of the drive. So I go in, delete the partition, create 2 partions, 1 60gb, and 1 20gb. I then proceed to install on the second part, the 20gb, since its not the beginning of the drive. I do it, it installs, restarts, does the same thing. This drive isnt bad. I had it in my other rig as a storing hard drive, for mp3's, designs, etc. So I know it works. If you could help me out, I would really appreciate it!

I know that windows is buggy install if I have my cpu overclocked, sure to set your componets that you may have overclocked to stock speeds, make sure your ram is on relaxed timings. :D good luck

I recently had a problem like that... I did everything - tested memory, swapped CPU, swapped mobo, tried different HDs and still couldn't install WinXP... the only thing I didn't try was different optical drive.. so I'd start from there..

You might want to check your BIOS boot settings to make sure the SATA drive is set up correctly, and that your Shuttle is looking for it to boot from. Also, check out Seagate's website for a utility that let's you zero-fill the drive. You can check the drive's quality, and clear it of any partition info, then try again.

its not the media, just used the same exact CD and CD-rom on another system and I am talking and typing from it now....so I know its not that

Back