Getting Dual caore optimization to run on a single core

zleuth

Limp Gawd
Ok here's what I'm trying for:
I want to get a very memory intensive game (Crysis) to run on the primary CPU core alone, so I can continue to run ATItool scanning for artifacts on the 2nd core without restrictions.

I can set the processor affinity of ATItool to run on processor core 2 (core 1) by adding '-A1' to the end of the target string of the shortcut.

How do I get something that's "optimized" for dual core to run on only one processor (core 0)?

I am trying to stress my video card to see if it's as doomed as everyone elses of the same type, documented in the forums here http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1242588

Any input would be helpful!

if u ran Crysis all your GPU power would be dedicated to that game not to the artifact scanning of ATItool which uses the GPU, so that wouldn't work.
Either run Crysis and watch for artifacts or run ATItool and check for artifacts

Thanks, I didn't think that far.
I might be better off running Prime95 or something.
But, I still want to know how to keep Crysis focused on only one core, instead of letting it split load on two cores.

On a related note, could you run two instances of ATItool, one for each GPU if you had SLI with 2 displays? And if so, how do you set GPU affinity?

Meh. I know Ill break something doing this. I'm off to update video card bios.

Back