• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Getting Data From a FUBAR'ed Palm Pre

svet-am

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Jan 6, 2003
Messages
5,146
I have a Palm Pre where the bottom half of the digitizer on the screen no longer responds. The problem here is that when I plug it into USB to get my data off of it, the prompts for putting it in USB Mass Storage Mode are located in the bottom half of the screen.

All I need to get off of it are some pictures. Anyone have any ideas?
 
On any other phone, I'd tell you to take it to a Sprint store and they'd replace the screen for you to get your data off. HOWEVER, Sprint techs aren't able to work on Pres due to Palm's insistence. This is a MAJOR longshot, but try hitting up a Sprint store or Best Buy and having them hook it up to their Celebrite to try to get the data off. OR... Try downloading the Flickr app to sync your photos? Again, longshot, if it even works.
 
There's a way to get it into USB mode without using the screen... I'll see if I can find it for you.
 
If this is still an issue, and if you can force the update that is out now (1.3.1), here is something from the change log:

You can access USB Drive mode by pressing and holding the orange key/Option + Sym + U after connecting the phone to the computer. This enables you to access USB drive mode if the screen is broken or stops responding to taps.
 
Back
Top