Getting Bluescreen on 680? help

Repartition your hard drive for a new Windows partition and install fresh there for a bit.
Chance of data loss, of course.

Repartition your hard drive for a new Windows partition and install fresh there for a bit.
Chance of data loss, of course.

if im correct partitions is when oyu split a drive right ?. my SSD isnt split so. what now ?

i know nothing more than what i jsut mentioned abotu it :/

Tbh this is really the wrong section to be troubleshooting a memory/motherboard issue. The only other advise I can give is to just RMA the board and get something else. Don't expect everyone to hold your hand while trying to fix your system.

Flash drives are cheap and easy to get.

Have you updated your bios yet?

With asus boards it is really easy to do. Just put the bios on a cd or flash drive, boot into the bios/uefi and use the built in function.

After it is done reboot and set to defaults.

Newer hardware often comes with unique problems, one of the prices for being on the cutting edge, and takes some troubleshooting and problem solving.

Think of it as an opportunity to to learn. Yes it can be frustrating in the end however you will have picked up knowledge and new skills.

Have you updated your bios yet?

With asus boards it is really easy to do. Just put the bios on a cd or flash drive, boot into the bios/uefi and use the built in function.

After it is done reboot and set to defaults.

So i can just burn the BIOS update onto a CD and use that?. well that makes things alittle easier. but no i havent doen it yet.

so i burn it jsut the way it is? or. do i have to burn it like an iso or something?.

So i can just burn the BIOS update onto a CD and use that?. well that makes things alittle easier. but no i havent doen it yet.

so i burn it jsut the way it is? or. do i have to burn it like an iso or something?.

Flash Drive is the best way to do it. The UEFI can mount those with no problems. CD's it usualy can but once in a while has issues.

Bios is a pretty small file. For example the bios file for my system is 4096kb. The file will fit on the smallest slowest cheapest flash drive you can find and buy.

You download it, unzip it and stick it on a flash drive or cd. Just copy it there. Go to your UEFI and use the update option.

Like others have told you, be careful. If you lose power or reset or anything interrupts the process you can end up with a not functional motherboard that can only be fixed by physically removing the bios chip and replacing it. For most people that means sending it to asus for repair. That is unless you have an eprom burner and know how to use it and are comfortable pulling chips off your board and sticking new ones n it.

Your using the first bios revision for your board which tends to be a bit buggy added to that your plugging in a brand new video card. Myself I'd have looked up how to change the bios and done it already.

Allright i Updated the bios. so i guess now all i can do/have to do is report back if i continue to get errors now that its updated ?

Have you checked your CPU and Mobo temps while playing BF3? Maybe your heatsinks aren't cooling properly. Went through thread and didn't see a reference to temps but I might have missed it.

Have you checked your CPU and Mobo temps while playing BF3? Maybe your heatsinks aren't cooling properly. Went through thread and didn't see a reference to temps but I might have missed it.

you are correct i have made no refference to my temps.

when i blast away in BF3. my GPU (when at 1006 core) usually sits at 40-45'ish sometimes 50. depending on wether i open my window :p

my CPU is allso around the 40-50'ish.

Back