• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Getting back into the hardware game.

Siciliano

Limp Gawd
Joined
Mar 20, 2005
Messages
132
I haven't been into computer gaming/building for maybe the past year or so. I've fallen out of the loop to be honest and I was wondering based on the specs of my last build, could someone give me a brief rundown of what has changed in computer hardware(getting back into it). Little bits of knowledge from anyone would be greatly appreciated regarding what's in/new to the building/upgrading game these days. Also has building a computer changed to the point where I'd be almost a novice shooting in the dark again?

Here was my last computer I built before I branched off into other interests in life.

AMD 64 3000+ Socket 754

Soyo CK8 Dragon Plus S754

Kingston Hyper X Low Latency Ram CAS 2.2.2.5 PC 3200

Seagate 80 GB

ATI built Radeon AIW X800 XT

Thanks in advance.
 
C2D dominates the CPU market

Intel price cuts coming end of july

Intel's P35 chipset is out and is future proof for the upcoming penryn core
 
Back
Top