getting an e8400 to 4.4

audirs

Limp Gawd
hey, recently got this chip and was curious what kind of settings/cooling is required to hit these speeds. i seen some people say they did x benchmark @ 4.4 on their e8400.

i know what is required to get it to 4.0. pretty much vcore of 1.35 and pump up fsb and multiplier.

i will be running a Sunbeam Core Contact Freezer 4 cooler on my cpu. does anyone know if this will suffice to reach 4.4? or would that require watercooling. also what vcore/fsb/multiplier would be required to hit 4.4. rig specs below

Gigabyte EP45-DS4P (F7 bios flash)
e8400 + Sunbeam Core Contact cooler
Mushkin XP2 8500+ (2x2gig)
hd4870x2
Antec TruePower Trio 650 psu
Cooler Master Stacker 832 case, all 120mm fans

thanks in advance.

Water at a very minimum. Never seen a E8400 do 4.4 on air unless the voltage was through the roof.

Def need at leats water - prolly more extreme.

If it's an E0, you have a chance of hitting 4.4GHz on air. If you have a C0, it'll top out at around 4GHz without better cooling.

If it's an E0, you have a chance of hitting 4.4GHz on air. If you have a C0, it'll top out at around 4GHz without better cooling.

thanks, sorry for the noob question, but how do i determine if i have a c0 or e0? if i cant do 4.4 stable i assume its e0? lol

Run CPU-Z. In the box marked Revision on the CPU tab, it will tell you the stepping. Don't assume anything based on your overclock. Every chip is different, so even if you have an E0 it's possible that you ended up with a dud.

I have seen 4.7 on AIR with a TRUE, lapped hs and cpu, but it wasn't 100% STABLE

1.4 vcore

Obviously doesn't matter much if it isn't stable, but I thought I would throw it out there :)

thanks guys. looks like its a c0. guess ill have to be satisfied with 4.0. thx again!

Back