• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

getting AGP to work with a 9600pro

nando

2[H]4U
Joined
Mar 26, 2000
Messages
2,552
Anyone ever have the problem of the catalyst drivers disabling agp? I've gotten it to work twice as long as I've had the card, but it gets broken every time I upgrade the drivers. right now it's forced into PCI mode, and yeah I know its not exactly the fastest on the block but it totally kills me whenever it has to load new textures from memory.

I've used the SmartGart utility several times to try to force it on, but it doesn't work. this is in an older motherboard (Intel i815 chipset), maybe there's a compatability issue I don't know about?

In the past when I got it working it made about a 10% difference in overall performance, but mainly I think it is the cause of my random slowdowns in guildwars (otherwise it's perfectly smooth).
 
Back
Top