Getting a Video to play on second display.

the gamer

[H]ard|Gawd
Hi hope this is the right place to put well anyway I'm trying to get all my music videos to go on the 2nd monitor and I'm having no such luck at all. I want to be able to watch all my video's on the second while still doing work on the 1 monitor.

Plus also my cousin want to borrow my pc for a birthday partie and he want to also have a program similair to mine , he wants to have all the music videos on the big screens for the ppl to watch without nothing gettting on the screen so basicly a party program of some sort.

Well hope your guys can ask I really need to know how to do this and hope I explain on how I wanted it.

Thanks.

Probably should have put this in the Software section, but depends on what your really asking. Because i'm not really sure what exactly you need help with.

but you can use any video playing program to play a list of music videos onto the second monitor, for instance winamp or videolan.

If you are using Windows Media Player, then go to Tools, Options, Performance Tab, Advanced and uncheck the box next to Use Overlays in the Video Acceleration section.

Well my cousin want a video program on my pc so he can display music videos to multible big screen TV's like just say 5 TV's while still working on the computer so he can setup the next songs.

If any moderators are looking at this could u please move it to the software section please my mistake.

Thanks

Dual display with my ATI radeon lets me do all that you want.

I have an extended desktop and have 2 choices for video playback:

1. Video plays normally inside whatever media player software and you can then simply drag it on the 2nd monitor and make it fullscreen.

2. Set video to 'theatre mode' which makes ALL video play in any software display in fullscreen on the 2nd monitor (or tv or whatever you have setup).

The theatre mode can be set for any dual screen setup (tv, monitor, clone mode, extended desktop).

The ONLY problem is that with theatre mode, you will still have the video playing on your main monitor in the media player window and if you minimise the media player, it'll cut the video on the 2nd monitor. You can just get aroudn this by making the video window really small and tucking it away to the bottom right of the screen or whatever. Hell, in extended monitor mode, you can leave it on the 2nd monitor underneath the fullscreen video.

If you don't have an ATI Radeon card, then I wouldn't know how you'd do all this.

*EDIT*

I see in your sig you have a x850xt, so yeah, you're sorted. You can do all this with the old Control Panel, though it's easier (if clunkier) with the new CCC.

Yeah I have tryed that already but my cousin wants a program were u can have it playing on 5 or more TV's and still be able to work on the Master monitor so he can change songs with a fade effect thing so it doesnt sound to cheap I know me and my cousin are fussy and anoying but theres got to be a program where u can do they's things.

Here is a pic I made with my cousin's help also on what sort of program I'm looking for.

Back