Getting a Shuttle XPC SN45G2V2!

DaCoOlNeSs

[H]ard|Gawd
yay! I needed a smaller PC anyways, so I though, "why get a labtop? Shuttle!" Maybe not in those exact same words, but I bought one! any advice to get me started off on the right foot?

Problem 1, It's SN45GV2

other than that i love mine :)

what are you looking for exactly?
Modding advice? 1) cut out the rear grill to allow more air flow
Overclocking advice? 1) don't touch the vdimm

???

ShuttleLuv said:
Yeah...watch out for those SN45G's. I hear they're problematic.

I take it you have one?

I take it you have one?

No. I had one...and I also had a SN41G2. The latter being the better of the two. Just my opinion. If your's works great, I'm happy for you. :) :cool:

AMD T-type said:
Problem 1, It's SN45GV2
and why would THAT be a problem? I don't wanna upgrade to an A64. its just a photo editing box, and I don't wanna spend alot on it.

DaCoOlNeSs said:
and why would THAT be a problem? I don't wanna upgrade to an A64. its just a photo editing box, and I don't wanna spend alot on it.

i was just joking around :p

I dunno maybe im just crazy, i didn't think there was such a thing as an SN45G2V2

DaCoOlNeSs said:
SN45G2 V2 :p

better? :p

no thats still not what i mean

where did you buy it?

i didnt think there existed a version with a 2 after the G

it might get hot if you use it for photoediting so probaby cut off the rear grill or add a 80mm fan on the top

i love the way that model looks though, good luck

i have one and i love it... except for the fact that my 9800 pro doesnt have enough power to run in it... probably a faulty power supply. other than that, its fine.

edit: oops, lol i thought he meant the sn41 series, not the sn45 series.

There is a even SN45G2 V3,0 with a 250 watt Silent PSU.

For money that it costs it's great.

MD

MD said:
There is a even SN45G2 V3,0 with a 250 watt Silent PSU.

For money that it costs it's great.

MD

i thought there was no G2 case on the sn45 .. the sn41 g2 v3 can be bought here.. i can't find any sn45gv3 s for sale in the us.. where can you get them?

either way it should be a great computer.. don't touch the vdimm.. and for some reason mine won't do 1.9+ vcore, i thought i killed mine once after attempting that..

$275 Canadian is a good deal i think (unless i have less of an idea than i think i do about the conversion)

I love the SN45G I have two of them. One is a V1 and the other is a V2, both with the Silent X PSU. I have had zero problems with mine.

The only way I have seen to get a SN45G2 is to buy a SN45G and a SB61G2 (or may have been 62 or 65... whichever matches) and switch them out.

jsu718 said:
The only way I have seen to get a SN45G2 is to buy a SN45G and a SB61G2 (or may have been 62 or 65... whichever matches) and switch them out.

lol, this is what i meant the whole time :p

but in any case, good luck with it, Shuttles pwn :)

I've got an SN95G5 and love it. I would wait a bit if you can, though. I read they're coming out with an nForce4 one with room for a third 3.5" drive, a beefier 350W PSU, and more side ventilation.

EDIT: Oops, only read the first post and not the thread title. Dunno about that particular Shuttle.

Yea remove the rear grill and if you don't need to floppy remove the cover plate to allow more air flow. Also change out the crap loud fan they give you for something better.

I gotta buy me a new shuttle since I sent mine to my parents cause theirs burned up in a house fire. :(

DaCoOlNeSs said:
yay! I needed a smaller PC anyways, so I though, "why get a labtop? Shuttle!" Maybe not in those exact same words, but I bought one! any advice to get me started off on the right foot?

You really should try the Suddhian XPC forums. It's a focused Shuttle community that has helped me quit a bit with my own upcoming Shuttle purchase.

http://forums.sudhian.com/categories.aspx?catid=43&entercat=y

Often actual Shuttle employees post on the forums and give a sneak peak at all the newest stuff. It's the bext XPC community out there.

1st choice - SN95G5 - (but kinda pricey)
2nd choice - SB77G5 - (nice - pricey also)
3rd choice - SB65G2B - great b/c they're cheap (compared to some of the newer Shuttles and have wireless 802.11b integrated)

I got one a few weeks ago, and modded it here:
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=855304&page=1&pp=20
newpurple.jpg

a MUST do mod, is to cut out the rear grill. Its not nearly as bad on the newer models. But on the older models. The grill is way too restrictive on the airflow out of the PC.

Back