• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Getting a RMI# from ATI is like pulling teeth

dennis5452

n00b
Joined
Nov 18, 2004
Messages
59
On Saturday, I went on the ATI site because my fairly new 850xt pci was giving me the red letters of death. It was not recognising the auxiliary connector and it will not boot up until you connect the 6 pin connector to the card. Well it is connected and getting juice verified by a multi meter. You have to fill in a ticket, then it is assigned to a tech. then he replies, not by e-mail, you have to log on to ATI to get it. This is a $550.00 card and I am wasting time My Venice came and I want to run some benchmarks.

:mad:
 
I can agree with you. When my grandfathers ALL in wonder's (based on the mach 128 or whatever chipset) TV tuner died off 1 month after being installed. They refused to RMA it stating that since we installed it with out a static strap it died from ESD...yeah ESD after a month of use. Either way the PX (where he bought it) told him just to take it back and theyd replace it. good luck
 
dennis5452 said:
On Saturday, I went on the ATI site because my fairly new 850xt pci was giving me the red letters of death. It was not recognising the auxiliary connector and it will not boot up until you connect the 6 pin connector to the card. Well it is connected and getting juice verified by a multi meter. You have to fill in a ticket, then it is assigned to a tech. then he replies, not by e-mail, you have to log on to ATI to get it. This is a $550.00 card and I am wasting time My Venice came and I want to run some benchmarks.

:mad:

try a new PSU or motherboard before you RMA. Also, not to be a jerk but why did you add it to your sig if you never got it working. Or was it working until you did something to it? I was in resale for awhile, and majority of times things that break are user error.
 
man, me and my friend have never had any problems RMA'ing from ATI, and he has done it like 5 times and ive done it 2 times. HMM.
 
My X800 Pro died after a month and ATI sent me a new one in like a week - no problems here.
 
yeha, i got a new 9600 from ati in less than a week, and signing up for one was easy too... i dunno what youre talking about..
 
What are you talking about????

ATI's RMA process is about the best I've run into. No human interaction is required. Just use their online form and they'll automatically provide an RMA number.
 
dennis5452 said:
On Saturday, I went on the ATI site because my fairly new 850xt pci was giving me the red letters of death. It was not recognising the auxiliary connector and it will not boot up until you connect the 6 pin connector to the card. Well it is connected and getting juice verified by a multi meter. You have to fill in a ticket, then it is assigned to a tech. then he replies, not by e-mail, you have to log on to ATI to get it. This is a $550.00 card and I am wasting time My Venice came and I want to run some benchmarks.

:mad:

I'm sorry, but isn't it NOT supposed to boot up until you plug in the connector? :confused:
 
I had the same problem. Had a X800 Pro that wouldn't recognize the molex. Had it plugged in and it wouldn't boot stating that you need the Molex connector plugged in, even though it was.

No troubles RMA'ing it, though :confused:
 
not a big surprise. i've sent in 3 emails to ati over the last 2 years and never received any replies.
 
Im sure the card was never overclocked, and the "red letters of death", are not from being overclocked..
 
Back
Top