• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Getting A RAID 5 array going on another server.

ziscwg

Limp Gawd
Joined
Feb 20, 2004
Messages
354
We had a server go down, an MB failure.

There is a database that I worked on for 9 hrs. The backups are at night and the server crashed before the back up.

I have an identical server that is working fine.

The 3 disk RAID 5 array is data only, no OS.

Can I take the RAID disks from the bad server and put them in the good server to copy the database? (It would save me some work I already did)
 
You really need to read the documentation on your particular raid system. It should be possible to transfer the array but what exactly you will need to do will depend on the raid system you are using.
 
Back
Top