• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Getting a new sound card....

Which card?

  • Audigy 2 Value

    Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Audigy 2ZS

    Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Audigy 4

    Votes: 2 5.6%
  • X-Fi Extreme Music

    Votes: 27 75.0%

  • Total voters
    36

InSurGeNcE

n00b
Joined
Aug 9, 2004
Messages
52
Ok, i've decided that my Audigy 1 with EAX 3.0 needs an upgrade. I have a couple cards in mind, so, i was wondering if you guys would be of any help to me. The first option is the Audigy 2 Value; I found this card for 44 dollars shipped, new. The second option is the Audigy 4; it is selling for 49 dollars at my local CompUSA. The last option would be the X-Fi. I'm not really sure if i should just hold off for an X-Fi when i do a Core 2 upgrade in January. I'm planning on getting an E6600 with a new DX 10 card. Thanks again for any responses.
 
Janruary isn't to long of a wait. ime:p The x-fi OWNS, and is well worth the money. All you need is something to occupy ya while you wait to get em, and Bingo!:p
 
The X-Fi is the best card of those 4 options...

Terra - A vote for the X-fi...
 
I haven't used an X-FI, but I have the audigy 4 pro and I don't know how much better the X-FI could be. I'd say go for cheapest unless you want high end, then the X-FI with ram probably is great.
 
Killa_2327 said:
I haven't used an X-FI, but I have the audigy 4 pro and I don't know how much better the X-FI could be. I'd say go for cheapest unless you want high end, then the X-FI with ram probably is great.

In games nothing compares to the X-Fi...

Terra....
 
Compared to the Audigy cards the X-Fi is better in every way, the ram on the Fatality cards is a gimmick though.
 
squeezee said:
Compared to the Audigy cards the X-Fi is better in every way, the ram on the Fatality cards is a gimmick though.

The RAM works fine(X-Fi Elite Pro) in BF2, Doom3, Quake4 and Prey for me?
The sound gets offloaded to the soundcard(X-RAM), so it must be a working gimmick :p

Terra...
 
Terra said:
The RAM works fine(X-Fi Elite Pro) in BF2, Doom3, Quake4 and Prey for me?
The sound gets offloaded to the soundcard(X-RAM), so it must be a working gimmick :p

Terra...

It's not wether it works or not, you know it technically will work as I doubt creative would put out a dud, but the question is how well is works. That has been answered numorus times in reviews and while its a nice "feature", its just like a fan is on the sidepanel. It is a gimmick. Yes i provides more airflow to your system, but does it decrease temps? No, or for some..maybe a little.
 
Back
Top