Getting a new laptop.

Enceladus

n00b
Joined
Sep 25, 2007
Messages
39
Lately, my brother has been wanting to get a new computer and decided on getting a laptop. I was looking around on NewEgg for one and came across this one.

He wanted one with XP and didn't want to spend over $700-800. Problem is, most laptops with XP on them that I found seem overpriced considering their specs. Does this one seem like a good deal?

I wanted to get it from NewEgg because I wanted to pick up a few other things too from there while I was getting the laptop. That's the only thing keeping me from getting one directly from a manufacturer.
 
Think I found a better one, but same manufacturer. Clicky

Is Acer a decent company? Haven't gotten one from them before.

Any suggestions?
 
Acer's alright in my personal experience, but they do have some thing of a reputation for so-so build quality. If your brother is rough on his things, I might recommend something a little more durable.

As far as the two you listed, I would be tempted to go for the first one, because the GMA 950 that the 2nd one has is a crap graphics card. The x3100 at least is a little better if you are doing any gaming whatsoever.
 
Lately, my brother has been wanting to get a new computer and decided on getting a laptop. I was looking around on NewEgg for one and came across this one.

He wanted one with XP and didn't want to spend over $700-800. Problem is, most laptops with XP on them that I found seem overpriced considering their specs. Does this one seem like a good deal?

I wanted to get it from NewEgg because I wanted to pick up a few other things too from there while I was getting the laptop. That's the only thing keeping me from getting one directly from a manufacturer.

Just a question, why does he want XP for a basic notebook?
 
Lately, my brother has been wanting to get a new computer and decided on getting a laptop. I was looking around on NewEgg for one and came across this one.

He wanted one with XP and didn't want to spend over $700-800. Problem is, most laptops with XP on them that I found seem overpriced considering their specs. Does this one seem like a good deal?

I wanted to get it from NewEgg because I wanted to pick up a few other things too from there while I was getting the laptop. That's the only thing keeping me from getting one directly from a manufacturer.

Right now office depot has a much better laptop for the price , its a acer also
just has 3GB of memory , higher core 2 duo
http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/109445/Acer-Extensa-Widescreen-Notebook-Computer-With/
 
Acer's alright in my personal experience, but they do have some thing of a reputation for so-so build quality. If your brother is rough on his things, I might recommend something a little more durable.

As far as the two you listed, I would be tempted to go for the first one, because the GMA 950 that the 2nd one has is a crap graphics card. The x3100 at least is a little better if you are doing any gaming whatsoever.

I guess I might go with the first one then. Thanks.

Just a question, why does he want XP for a basic notebook?

He just prefers XP over Vista I guess.
 
Back
Top