• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Getting a new GeForce 6800 GT!!!!

lude134

n00b
Joined
Aug 20, 2004
Messages
17
Hey all,
My set up currently is:
AMD Athlon XP 3200+ 400fsb
1 gig Corsair XMS 3200 DDR memory
Geforce 4 Ti 4600 128mb
on an Asus A7N8X Deluxe mobo

I am going to be picking up a brand spankin new BFG GeForce 6800 GT OC and getting rid of that old geezer i currently have. Just wondering if you had any tips on the install process and making it go smoooooth. Thanks for the help :D
 
Read the faq. It tells how to properly uninstall old drivers and install new ones.
 
Wow a totally brand new one...your lucky those are hard to find... most I see are not brand new cuz they were pretested in the fabs to ensure quality control so they are used. As far as installing... well I suggest ... hehe if I was you I would take it to your local barber shop and ask him/her to grab that card and plug it into your agp slot... they surely know more about these complicated things than you do.
 
Shane said:
Wow a totally brand new one...your lucky those are hard to find... most I see are not brand new cuz they were pretested in the fabs to ensure quality control so they are used. As far as installing... well I suggest ... hehe if I was you I would take it to your local barber shop and ask him/her to grab that card and plug it into your agp slot... they surely know more about these complicated things than you do.

I haven't seen one helpful post from you. :rolleyes:
 
OK lets change that... accept Jesus Christ as you lord and savior and be babtized by the holy spirit. Now you can never say to me again you have not seen one helpful post.
 
Since you are using Nvidia currently install should be fairly smooth. Just uninstall old drivers in safe mode, remove ti4600 card, insert new card, install new drivers, and you should be set.
 
Darth_Fluffy said:
I think he's just bragging. Installing a new video card is ridiculously easy.

Well, it's not really easy, I bought a 6800 and had to move my hard drive and rearange my power cables, cause the 6800 is a monster, but otherwise it pretty easy, like installing ram or some other component I'm thinking of Installing some case fans.
 
Funny how you say its not that easy and then say it is easy just haveing to unplug a few cables and remember how to plug them back in. Lol ban you say ban ? I say wake up silly posts deserve silly replies... have fun man drink a beer or whatever you get off too. No harm intended and none done... now if there is a good question that someone needs assistance with Ill allways do my best to answer it and help them ( serious answers ) but this is just plain silly and so Im being silly with my reply. whola
 
Back
Top