Getting a new flat panel need recommendations

iToast

n00b
Hey all I need some recommendations on getting a new flat panel display. I have had 2 15" and 1 17" and I liked them all but I have recently seen the Sony HS54P 19 inch flat panel and I fell in love but I saw the price and I haven't yet seen any alternatives so I was looking for suggestions as to other flat panels that look just as good and have a little better price. I just want to do a little research and get some opinions on this before I spring for the Sony.

Thanks
-iToast

Trancify said:
I say you go with this

http://www.viewsonic.com/products/desktopdisplays/lcddisplays/proseries/vp912b/

you wont regret it. i have it. Awsome montior. Excellent for games and Images are very sharp and very bright. I love this monitor.

Looks nice and great.... and I also really want to purchase an LCD... but what if your wallet doesn't have that much money? What do you people recommend bewteen the $300 - $500 range? I would really prefer a 19", as good as I can get for gaming...

Mitsuibishi 930SB. Here at Monitorsdirect.com. Also try Pricewatch, search Newegg etc. Absolute latest (and probably last) -tron monitor that supports 1600x1200 at 85hz, at .24dp (DO NOT compare this with Samsung, they measure differently).

dell 2001fp is $680 direct from dell. not refurb or bundled only when you get a comp etc..its crazy low right now. but if you want it at that price you seriously need to buy it tonight. dell is really weird about their pricing..ive seen the 2001fp have wild fluctuations (think dropping) in price several times now. really weird but beneficial if your looking to get a 2001fp =]

I had my VX910 and VP912 next to each other at a LAN party playing FARCRY and I could not see the difference. The 12ms vs 16ms is not worth the extra $100 IMO. Both offer awesome quality text and graphics and the $100 rebate until 10-30-04. VX910=$599-$100 rebate=$499+tax so that price fits your post budget! I just watched a full screen DVD (Day After Tomorrow-awesome movie) and the clarity of playback was beautiful! VP912 is pretty cool for the dual analog output and handy at LAN party. The DVI cable did make a noticeable difference in video quality and a big difference in responce time in games....we tested both over analog and DVI in depth at the LAN party!
Either way you cant lose, I just did not want to spend the extra $. Damn DVI cable from BBuy (Belkin was $49)....well good luck!!!

Sony monitors are nice. But so are the dell 2001fp. Depends on your budget, I ended up with a 23" Widescreen LCD.... :D

Back