• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Getting a HDD for the X360.

amazon3d

Limp Gawd
Joined
Oct 19, 2007
Messages
454
I got an Xbox 360 Slim and I found out after getting it home and unpacked that you still need a Xbox hard drive to play the $900 worth of games I already purchased. Now if the hard drive was prices reasonable well I could see paying MS for it, however, at $130 for a $45 hard drive and $10 enclosure I can't see spending that. I found another website that offers the drives for around $57 and was wondering if anyone had tried them or if you think they will have valid drive signatures. DealExtreme has them for $57.20 at http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.46748.

Seem legit?
 
my friend and myself both bought the same 250gb hard drives from dealsextreme. Havent had issues at all. except for maybe shipping. im used to neweggs one day shipping so waiting a few more to me isnt good.
 
So it recognizes it as an authentic Xbox HDD? As in you can play classic xbox games on it?

If so I think I will jump on one today. I just didn't want to return this one and buy the 250gb one from Walmart and still pay extra.
 
oh by the way do you have an older xbox 360 hard drive now? if so you can take that 360 HDD apart and the HDD inside the Shell Will fit into the new Slim 360.
 
I don't have an older drive but I did read about that. Thought about that too. I have a 1 TB usb drive if I need storage.
 
I don't have an older drive but I did read about that. Thought about that too. I have a 1 TB usb drive if I need storage.

Do it. The worst that happens is that it doesn't work for some reason and you just take back the drive you bought.
 
Back
Top