Getting a 5.1 setup for the computer

Chacranajxy

Limp Gawd
Joined
Nov 11, 2005
Messages
257
I'm planning on getting a receiver for my computer so I can actually get some decent speakers (checked out quite a few standard PC speakers at stores and they sounded like crap.) This will be hooked up through my Sound Blaster X-Fi card and will be used primarily for gaming. Right now, I'm looking at the Pioneer VSX80TXV for the receiver and for the speakers:

These Velodyne Speakers
and the Velodyne VX10 for the sub

So are these good choices for the components? Are there any pitfalls I need to consider?
 
if your looking at that reciver you could also look up some upper scale speakers unless you are going for something small in size to save space.

first you need to state a budget and we can help you from there. room size doesnt hurt either.

my HTPC set up is about 3 grand so far and is considered "budget" though good systems can be had for less.
 
This is only my opinion...If you’re planning on purchasing a sound system for your computer, I honestly wouldn’t invest in such an expensive receiver to have the speakers sitting not but a couple of feet away from you. Now, If you plan on using the system later on for, say, your living room, then by all means spend away…lol. For practicality’s sake, I would definitely invest in something like the Logitech z5500 system. I personally own a set and I’m amazed that it can fill a decent-sized room with some pretty impressive sound. You can find a new set for like $300 online.

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/EEUR/EN,CRID=2177,CONTENTID=9486

If you’re looking to spend a lot, I would consider getting an Axiom system.

-Travis
 
Back
Top