• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Getting 1920x1080 resolution from my LCD TV

psxtradr

n00b
Joined
Sep 13, 2005
Messages
38
I just bought a new Samsung LN-T4065 LCD TV. I am trying to hook it up to my PC. My video card is a Geforce 6800GS. Is there a way for me to get my PC to output at 1920x1080 resolution to this monitor? Currently the highest I can set it is 1600x1200, but when I look in the manual for the TV is says it is capabl eof 1920x1080 with a PC. Is this my system that is not allowing it? Does anyone know?
 
I dont know for sure but take a look at the computers settings for the refresh rate, also what type of pixel mapping does that TV have? I know my TV can handle 1080 from the computer, but it over scans a little.
 
I'm not sure what kind of pixel mapping it has. The refresh rate is 60 hertz. The problem is when I go to the display settings to size the resolution it doe not let me go as high as 1080. The highest it lets me go to is 1680x1050 and when I chose this it tells me that my monitor does not support it. However, it does not let me even select 1080 as an option.
 
Should be the same fix as it was for my Westinghouse.

Go to Control Panel->Display->Settings->Advanced->Geforce 6800GS
Enable Classic Control Panel (if necessary)
Go to Screen Resolutions & Refresh Rates
Check Show Standard HDTV modes
Go to nView Display Settings
Right click the Samsung monitor (might say Plug and play monitor instead), make sure Treat Digital Display as HDTV is checked, then Select TV format, 1080p. Check native on the screen that pops up and click OK. Click Apply, and it should attempt to set it to 1920x1080. If all's well click OK and you're done.

Otherwise you may have to add a custom resolution for 1920x1080 on the Screen Resolutions & Refresh Rates section. To do this click Add -> Enter 1920 for the width, 1080 for the height, and 60 for the refresh rate. Click Add. Select the new resolution and click Advanced Timing. From the first dropdown box, select 1920x1080 @ 59.94 - P and click Apply. Click OK if it all works.

Good luck!
 
I am not seeing many of these settings. I am using the latest drivers with the Nvidia control pannel. I am using windows vista does this have any effect?
 
Here is a screenshot of what I see


Unfortunatly I do not see the "nview display settings"
 
The problem has to be your drivers. What is the manufacturer of your 6800?

I've run that Samsung at full 1080p, and it is glorious.
 
My 6800 is made by evga. I am using the standard nvidia vista drivers for the 6800 series. The driver version I have is 158.24 which is the lastes version.
 
On your Samsung, set the display to "dot-by-dot" or its equivalent and see if Windows will let you go to 1920.

Can you get widescreen at all? 1650x1050?
 
I checked the display settings did not see anything that looked like "Dot by Dot" When I try to go 1650x1050 it tells me that my TV does not support that setting (but it does show up as an option). As per the manual, supported resoltions are 1024x764, 1080x1024, 1920x1080.
 
I checked the display settings did not see anything that looked like "Dot by Dot" When I try to go 1650x1050 it tells me that my TV does not support that setting (but it does show up as an option). As per the manual, supported resoltions are 1024x764, 1080x1024, 1920x1080.

Make sure your looking for the Dot by Dot setting on your TV, not the PC.
 
When I check the 158.45 drivers it says that they only support the 8000 series of geforce cards... will they work on my 6800?
 
I just downloaded the lastest beta drivers for vista 6000 series geforce... 162.22 I am trying those now.
 
What connecter are you using to connect your 6800 to the LCD? Because and im not tottaly sure but i think that if you use vga you do not get as high of a resolution as useing a DVI
 
Back
Top