Get your 4.7 Betas, nice performance increases

ATi's really getting their shit together. Although the Theif 3 thing needs to get fixed. Not that I play that game, but still.....

Its graphics are also so POS that its a wonder people try to fix them through drivers :/

i think ill just wait for omegacorner to mod the final release :D

ForceCalibur said:
Its graphics are also so POS that its a wonder people try to fix them through drivers :/

What card are you using to view Thief 3 in? If you got a shitty card, any game you play will pretty much look shitty.

The game has good graphics on my 9800Pro.

Optimummind said:
What card are you using to view Thief 3 in? If you got a shitty card, any game you play will pretty much look shitty.

The game has good graphics on my 9800Pro.

Nice system!

FWIW, supposedly temporalAA is working very well on these drivers.

did anyone else notice that when you go to the Options tab, the Catalyst version says 2.2????

I'm going to try and re-install...but has anyone else had this?

nst6563 said:
did anyone else notice that when you go to the Options tab, the Catalyst version says 2.2????

I'm going to try and re-install...but has anyone else had this?

Normal for betas. Well, thats what happens with all that I have used anyways.

There are people reporting IQ degradation on the Troll Lair part of the 3DMark03 benchmark. Maybe that explains the performance increase.

Edit - some people are saying it looks like that regardless of the drivers or card used. Too bad they don't seem to detect X800XT PE cards.

re-installed...still 2.2. ohwell, guess I'll see how they do when I get a chance to play.

have they fixed the problem that 9700's have when playing CoD? i dont like having to roll back drivers just to play it.

What is the WMV acceleration checkbox do in the control pannel? Anyone know? Thanks in adavanced...

Accelerate windows media 9 maybe? Anyone with an XT or X800 tested this with those HDTV demos from the windows media site yet?

i have a 9800 np, but the videos already ran fine on my computer so i dont know if the accerleration would help, unless i misunderstand what it does.

WMV acceleration didnt work for me. i clicked on a .wmv file ive watched a ton and it came out all green and purple corrupted. i unchecked it and restarted, now it works. o well Temporal AA is still tight

mtbaird said:
WMV acceleration didnt work for me. i clicked on a .wmv file ive watched a ton and it came out all green and purple corrupted. i unchecked it and restarted, now it works. o well Temporal AA is still tight

What exactly is Temporal AA? What does it do?

i was gettin pretty low FPS on UT2k4 with 2x temporalAA, so ill have to see if im keeping it

i just ran some tests in UT and found that 2xTAA gave me less FPS than 4xAA, so ill be keeping my normall AA. i guess 85hz wasnt good enough or something, i dunno whats up

ive played those vids on my older 2200+ system and a 9500Pro no probs...havent had a chance to try em out on my newer mobile barton/9800 box...i'll report back sometime about that endeavor. on the issue about thief3, the game looks pretty decent except the fact that it runs like complete ass in any setting ive tried....even backed it down to 800x600 to try and get it feeling smooth and fluid but to no avail =( like someone else said i think that game was just coded like shit...=\

Yeah, WMV's run pretty good as is here too.

I just played back "The rules of Attraction" trailer 1440x1080 on a P4 3.2Ghz with Radeon 9700 pro and the 4.6 Catalysts. It varies between 25 and 30 percent of the CPU.

So no need to updated to 4.7's here until they are final.

PS: Never thought I'd say that a DVD (720x480) was grainy and low-resolution, but pales in comparison to HDTV (1440x1080 or 1920x1080)

Sir-Fragalot said:
They ran awesome on my system.
Mine too. They actually fixed some problems that the 4.6's introduced to Sacred on my system. Very happy so far...

Back