get rid of annoying yellow messages (xp)

shadowlord

2[H]4U
hello all.

does anybody know a way how to turn of those yellow messages that show shortly after system start. like this one

desktop12.jpg

i get a lot of this messages like the sli one, antivirus is disabled, or my resolution setting is low :mad: and they are driving me mad. heck i know 640x480 is a low resolution, no need to show it over and over again everytime the system starts.

any help would be appreciated.

That particular message can be fixed by either upgrading your Nvidia drivers, or finding the sli registry patch. I'd opt for the driver upgrade instead.

As for the other messages, you're best bet it to fix the problem associated with each one. You're AV shouldn't be disabled, so that's one problem solved. Secondly, why would you run at such a low resolution anyway?

To disable all balloon tips like this, forever, edit this key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\
Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced

Create a new DWORD value, name it EnableBalloonTips, and set the value at 0 (or if it's already there and set to 1, change it to 0).

thanks zacdl, works like a charm.

djnes,
on my media center the resolution is set to 640x480 which is my lcd tv's native resolution.
AV is disabled on my game machine, use it only to browse game hints or faq's, turn it on when needed.

but now the problem is solved.

Back