German (and similiar) computer power supply questions

Rummy

n00b
Need some help from those experienced with the type of power supplies sold in Germany.

It appears the German electrical standard is 220-230V @ 50Hz, and US is 110-120V @ 60Hz.

I'm curious if a German-type power supply can be easily made to work in the US. I know that plug (shape) "adapters" are readily available.
Here are my questions.

1. Do the German PSU's have the same "cord socket" (port where the cord plugs into the PSU) as the US PSU's?

2. Do the German PSU's have the 115V ~ 230V selector switch that I am accustomed to with US PSU's?

3. How well will a PSU tolerate 60Hz opposed to 50Hz? ( Hoping that I can simply slide the selector to 115V and adapt the cord/plug to US spec! :) )

4. If the power supply is rated as 420W when powered at 220-230V @50Hz, will the wattage/amperage output change when powered at 110-120V @ 60Hz? (I don't want it to decrease in output, know what I mean?!)

Reason being, there is an Enlight case that I really want that doesn't appear to be available in the US, in the configuration that I want. It's a 7280-DBZ (or 7280DBZ or 72800DBZ, etc.) I already have a 7280-AZ and like it rather well.

Any resellers out there want to sell and ship one of these to me for a reasonable price?? Kentucky, 40601, just in case! ;)

Thank's in advance and Happy New Year!

:p P.S. I know/think I could use a dual-voltage stabilizer but I want to cut down on cost and clutter. Thanks.

Originally posted by Rummy
It appears the German electrical standard is 220-230V @ 50Hz, and US is 110-120V @ 60Hz.
That would be correct.

1. Do the German PSU's have the same "cord socket" (port where the cord plugs into the PSU) as the US PSU's?
Yes.

2. Do the German PSU's have the 115V ~ 230V selector switch that I am accustomed to with US PSU's?
It depends on the PSU. Some do, most don't, especially cheaper ones.

3. How well will a PSU tolerate 60Hz opposed to 50Hz? ( Hoping that I can simply slide the selector to 115V and adapt the cord/plug to US spec! :) )
If it is rated for operating with a 115 V, 60 Hz powersource, it should just work.

4. If the power supply is rated as 420W when powered at 220-230V @50Hz, will the wattage/amperage output change when powered at 110-120V @ 60Hz? (I don't want it to decrease in output, know what I mean?!)
No.

Back