genmay question

Status
Not open for further replies.
General Mayhem is a suscriber only forum. It is opened to the regular forum members on occasion, but non-suscribing members cannot post. Kinda like a HBO preview weekend type of thing. Membership is $5 per year or a one time payment of $15 for life. :)

MajorDomo said:
General Mayhem is a suscriber only forum. It is opened to the regular forum members on occasion, but non-suscribing members cannot post. Kinda like a HBO preview weekend type of thing. Membership is $5 per year or a one time payment of $15 for life. :)

Yeah but now the link to Genmay is completely gone from even clicking on to view topics. So none paying posters cant even see it anymore? I think thats what he was getting to and sorry if Im not understanding your post.. :confused: I was wondering that as well.......

MajorDomo said:

I can't see GenMay anymore. I've always enjoyed reading it. I guess you closed down to non-subscribers?

If the forum isn't in preview mode then you won't be able to see the header for GenMay, only the suscribers can see the forum. :)

Well then support [H] ,and buy a membership
u_DR_K13

Well, do you mind if we beg the $5 or $15 from someone? Being as I don't have a credit card, I can't get a subscription. I really enjoy reading it, so if it's OK with you mods (greatest in the world, btw) and someone's feeling generous, a PM with a genmay sub or something of the like would be much appreciated. :)

i would like to subscribe, but i dont have a credit card, is there any other way to do so?

until just a day ago or so, i was able to do so too, but now i acnt anymore... well i subsricibed nways.. 3 days left :D

The only mode of payment atm is via Paypal, requires a checking account, but no CC. :)

Don't have one of those either. Jeez. If someone's feeling charitable, I'd love $15 for my genmay sub.

You'd be my best friend... ;)

Surprisingly enough there are very few flames or even disagreements, the whole forum is just plain civil to each other....very refreshing :cool:

......and MrWoot, feel free to go to the other GenMay....there's no lock on the forum door ;)

burningrave101 said:
I incite enough flames in just the general hardware sections. I would be dangerous in Genmay :p lol.

MrWoot said:
then just go over to the other genmay... membership fee not needed.

But in the other genmay, they are all freaking immature kids....

jordan12 said:
But in the other genmay, they are all freaking immature kids....

The reason for the lock on the door....

Pretty stupid if you ask me. What if I was a new user who just registered, how the heaven do I know that a "Genmay" even exists? Its not displayed. I don't get it. Its like having a store with no sign or door, you just sit in it and wonder why people aren't coming in :eek: .

There is an all forum announcement at the top of each page explaining GenMay and the subscribing process ;)

MajorDomo said:
There is an all forum announcement at the top of each page explaining GenMay and the subscribing process ;)

Yea but who really reads those :p. j\k lol

I dont see why it isn't lead read only access so people can check it out if they want to and see whats being talked about. People dont want to pay for something they can't even view to see what their getting access to. Most people dont want to pay just for the priviledge to post in a general chat forum anyways so its just cutting down on members there.

If there were interesting topics going on that they saw and wanted to take part in then they would be much more likely to pay just to post.

Like they said before, there are times when it viewable to everyone.. stay alert..

and no matter what its only $5 to find out.

Also for everyone out there that dosent have a bank account to set up with paypal. Then here's a news flash... Banks let you setup accounts for FREE... paypal is FREE...

HBO gives you free previews, but only for a shout time. We do the same. If you pay for something, it is much more valuable to you that some freebie. So enjoy the freebie when available, but it won't be there long. :)

burningrave101 said:
Yea but who really reads those :p. j\k lol

I dont see why it isn't lead read only access so people can check it out if they want to and see whats being talked about. People dont want to pay for something they can't even view to see what their getting access to. Most people dont want to pay just for the priviledge to post in a general chat forum anyways so its just cutting down on members there.

If there were interesting topics going on that they saw and wanted to take part in then they would be much more likely to pay just to post.

You know, the FREE PREVIEW has been open since the second week of GenMay. I think most folks that are griping are upset that they no longer have access. Anyway, GenMay will likely stay hidden for most of the time now.

beachbum said:
Pretty stupid if you ask me. What if I was a new user who just registered, how the heaven do I know that a "Genmay" even exists? Its not displayed. I don't get it. Its like having a store with no sign or door, you just sit in it and wonder why people aren't coming in :eek: .

It is displayed every once and awhile, though. And it really is about the best $5 I ever spent. Join up!

MajorDomo said:
life ends in 2035 or something like that according to the Subscribed Forums page :)

lol, I went two pages back making sure my question wasnt asked. Never connected the words genmay with general mayhem... =P

It goes by the title of General Mayhem, GenMay or just plain ole GM. The original General Mayhem really earned it's name honestly, a wild and wooly place :p

I used to check in and read it from time to time...how does someone new even know it exists now? Is there a sign up link or announcement that I am missing.

*edit- i was too lazy to read the whole thread to learn about the all-forum announcement :p

sanjay369 said:
I used to check in and read it from time to time...how does someone new even know it exists now?

Exactly! That way we can keep folks like you out. ;) :D

Can someone pay for me to get in? It would be really nice *sob* I am begging, please, someone pay my way....lol...get a job hippy.

Good put the lock on the door and your finger over the peep hole, Kyle. I like it.

It's amazing how people complaint so much. In the past couple of days was the banning that it was not fair (which I supported Kyle's actions 100%) and now is the GenMay. People just be grateful that you get a glance at it once in a while and if you like it so much, well then pay the $5 or $15 so you can enjoy it 24/7. For the ones that don't have the money well like somebody said open a bank account which in most banks is free and pay for it, at the same time you'll learn how to save money for your future and understand how hard people work for it. In other words there is no such thing as a Free Lunch. And last time I checked it rained water not 100 dollar bills.

Just my opinion.

It's fine that members bitch about not being able to view GenMay, that is their prerogative, just as it is that they not suscribe to GenMay. The plain fact is that they will have no other place to bitch about things since there is no off topic posting on the forum other than GenMay. Another fact is that you will not be able to view previews as often as before, so out of sight out of mind. Those who want to join will, it's as simple as that.

If I pay my 5 or 15$, does that mean that I can post non sence sh*t all over, or are there rules?

No, the nonsense shit is restricted to the GenMay forums only. We have rules, but are very relaxed and hardly, if ever need enforcing :cool:

MajorDomo said:
No, the nonsense shit is restricted to the GenMay forums only. We have rules, but are very relaxed and hardly, if ever need enforcing :cool:

Actually the rules need a LOT more enforcement in the non-pay sections than GenMay.

Lol... if you guys knew what was going on in Genmay right now... you would understand why you can't see it!

Sorry to make it hurt more :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back