Generally accepted Top Speed for TCCD???

SKy042

[H]ard|Gawd
So far I pushed my G.Skill FX's to 320mhz (DDR640). IMO not bad for a kit sold/rated as DDR400.
Albeit I did this at 3-4-4-8 I might be able to tighten that up or go higher or both I ram out of time to mess with things. I just had done a quick and dirty ram OC one morning.

What would be a normal ceiling for TCCD chips?

280-300mhz seems to be average. many mobo's and memory controllers simply can't keep up ;)

I was able to hit 324 today.
1 more mhz and the BIOS won't even finish posting.

oooh, we're talking max shots, not stable :D
give me about a week or so, i might be able to pull off something cool ;)

I can't even come close to the average ceiling for TCCD :(. Below is Anandtech's results with TCCD.

the speed that you hit is very system dependant too. tccd that does X mhz in one rig will do Y mhz in another rig.. that delta can often be 5-10mhz, sometimes more.

(cf)Eclipse said:
oooh, we're talking max shots, not stable :D
give me about a week or so, i might be able to pull off something cool ;)
No 324 was stable. 325 wouldn't even boot. it was a little bizzare.
Best thing is it's all been done with 2.8v and 1T

(cf)Eclipse said:
that is weird.. can you go higher on the mobo itself?
yeah the mobo seems to max out around 334 I THINK. I've pused the mobo to 334 but I had the HTT multi at 3x when I did it so I'm not 100% sure I found the true ceiling.
the CPU has a BAD limit of 2634mhz no matter what voltage so I have to use a reverse divider to push the memory over 300mhz. This opteron though I feel has a good memory controller. I can easily hold 2-2-2-5/1T to over 227mhz.

I fooled with it some more and got it to boot into windows at 321mhz 2.5-4-3-8 but CPUz has a weird issue with the reverse divider I was using and it told me that my ram was running at 145mhz. and it couldn't detect my CPU multi or the FSB.

SKy042 said:
the CPU has a BAD limit of 2634mhz no matter what voltage so I have to use a reverse divider to push the memory over 300mhz. This opteron though I feel has a good memory controller. I can easily hold 2-2-2-5/1T to over 227mhz.
why not just drop the cpu multi and keep the ram at 200mhz ratio?

I have seen PDP TCCD kits binned at DDR700 (350MHz) 3-4-4-8. They're on sale at ZZF, though most motherboards can't handle that kind of bus speed.

(cf)Eclipse said:
why not just drop the cpu multi and keep the ram at 200mhz ratio?
Maybe I'll try that.
My mobo has settings for DDR433 and DDR466 all the way up to DDR500 so I figured that was an easier way to push the ram faster.
But I'll try the other way and see if I get above 324.

Back