General question about speakers or amplifier

dragonstongue

2[H]4U
I have a Xonar DX which I quite like the sound of, but for whatever reason the front port on my tower does not seem to work anymore even though plugging and unplugging the headset (Siberia V3 black gold edition) seems to make little pops and stuff as if sound should come out but does not.

Not 100% sure if the impedance or whatever of this headset is to high for the DX on rear as it seems much quieter then I can recall, I recently got a Sound Blaster Play Usb dongle thing for free a few months ago, although the sound quality is quite nice (surprisingly more so for everything even though it is rated "inferior" vs the DX) it is not quite able to get loud enough when watching online stuff on some sites, even when volume is maxed out, then of course it sounds cruddy, whereas the DX doesnt sound as cruddy maxed, just not nearly as loud/defined.

My question is based on all of this plus

1- If I were to get something like Fiio E6 to "amp" the sound to get it louder and of course give me options to make sound louder for TV to headset or when I take headset or phone on the go do you think quality would still be reasonable and give me that extra "loudness" that I would like?

2- Speakers, if I get instead a set of speakers it cannot be used "mobile" anymore as far as my phone on the go, but I can play headset into the speakers or use them standalone for example to TV for PS3 usage, I was thinking the extra volume dial would allow me to push higher then soundcard/USB card will currently allow me.

Just looking for opinions in this regard as I searched as much as I could online, and cannot quite come up with solid answers on the speakers being "loud enough" via the input.

For me is very much a cost related thing, Logitech Z130 or Z200 are in price range, whereas the Fiio E6 is a bit more then comfortable though I suppose anything mobile always seems to be, there was also the CMOY based ones from Lucid or JBY that many seem to quite like though others do say the E6 is better choice, E6 is perma battery can use while charging CMOY one not clear in this regard CMOY also more expensive.

pricing seems to be for me here in Canada
~$25 Z130
~$42 Z200
~$48 Fiio E6
~$60+ CMOY thing.

Anyways any help or recommendations in this regard are VERY appreciated, I am extremely sorry if this is in wrong location, but it is audio and computer audio related.

I can go to walmart to get the speakers in a few minutes time, would just "hate" to waste the coin or go through a BS story to try get refund its not "proper" :p

Thank you kindly.

Back