General Networking/Computer Issue

TVersetti

Limp Gawd
Hello,

I have a 1st generation Intel DP67BG. It has already caused me enough headaches with the typical things that go wrong with them - namely the SATA issue.

Today I powered it down to add on another monitor - both would be running via DVI. After powering up with both monitors attached, I noticed that my network is not functioning. Very odd. It says "The Intel(R) 82579V Gigabit Internet Adapter is experiencing driver or hardware related problems". From what I have researched online, it seems like the network adapter is pretty much dead. I used the USB slots right next to it and they seemed to work fine. I also have disconnected the second monitor in an attempt to bring the settings back to what they were initially. Nothing is working, nothing is changing, etc. I was on the internet earlier today and I know it is not the cable. I have reinstalled multiple versions of the network drivers as well.

What are my options here? I am guessing I will need an external LAN card.

One more thing - the little lights on either side of the ethernet socket do not light up.

Thanks in advance for your help - I truly appreciate the advice. This is what happens when you build things yourself - you end up going through the trouble yourself as well.

Looks like it might be hosed.
Before you do any more hardware troubleshooting, have you checked or cleared the BIOS yet?

you could also try just removing the adapter from Device Manager and letting Windows redetect it and reinstall the drivers.

Back