General Mod question for cables / wire

djgizmo

[H]ard|Gawd
In my other thread, I stated, i'm looking for a cooler / quieter case. However, I realize I need to cleanup my cables PROPERLY which will help with air flow in any case.

What tools / wires / adapters should one need in general to do this effectively? And of course where to purchase them.

I realize I might need some Molex cable extenders to run cables behind the mobo tray, but other than that I'm a bit lost.

I know I need to lengthen the front panel header cables, but I'm unsure how to do so. (Firewire, USB, Power/reset/HD led.)

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

In my other thread, I stated, i'm looking for a cooler / quieter case. However, I realize I need to cleanup my cables PROPERLY which will help with air flow in any case.

What tools / wires / adapters should one need in general to do this effectively? And of course where to purchase them.

I realize I might need some Molex cable extenders to run cables behind the mobo tray, but other than that I'm a bit lost.

I know I need to lengthen the front panel header cables, but I'm unsure how to do so. (Firewire, USB, Power/reset/HD led.)

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
sleeving is a godsend..... for instance the front panel cables can be grouped together and put in a common sleeve...... also tie back devices such as zip-ties, cable ties, velcro straps, or purse locks can be useful in restraining cables....

Where are some of the best places to purchase sleeving? For that matter, where's the best place to buy velco straps.

Where can one buy front panel extensions? I'd like to run my front panel usb, firewire, etc behind my mobo tray.

Back