General Computer Cleanup

char507

Limp Gawd
Recently my computer seems to have bogged down. It seems to lag more often during games and startup times have increased over the past few weeks. It hasnt been too terribly long since I formatted and im wondering what I can do to try and cleanup my computer and bring back it's old speed. Viruses have been scanned for and spyware cleaned off with Adaware and Spybot.

Run a disk defragmenter (the built-in one should be fine) as well as the disk cleanup utility. That should help quite a bit.

I would guess you still have spyware. Ad-aware and Spybot are both pretty good, but I would also get microsoft antispy. Also get hijack this (let me know if you don't know how to analyze a hijack this log). Also run Ad-aware, and MS antispy in safe mode. I don't pronounce a machine clean until Ad-aware, ms antispy and hijack this all come up clean in safe mode (run them all 2-3 times). Also what antivirus program are you using? Norton and Mcafee suck (will call it the Mcafee virus). If you don't have it already, download AVG Free edition from grisoft.
ribs1

I dont know how to analyze a hijack this log, I was looking into that program but I didnt know what to do with the log.

Back