1. Built the computer in my sig with you guys before and now I am looking to build a computer for my dad. He will be using it for general use, mainly multitasking.
2. Budget is around $400 (flexible)
3. USA
4. Parts wise he needs everything for now except a gpu and case. He has an old dell but I have a feeling it will be a bad idea using parts from it. So ram, cpu, mb, dvd drive, hard drive, psu, aftermarket cooler.
5. none for now, 5-6 yr old dell seems not worth it
6. Yes, as much as possible
7. 19'' monitor
8. The PC will be built when i return home so around August 13th. I will be buying August 6th so about 2 weeks. Just doing this in advance to get an idea.
9. No features needed
10. No OS needed
mb: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130265
dvd drive: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827135201
psu: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817341022
cpu: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103644
ram: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231122
Only used newegg for now. Been looking more as newegg blows on prices. After market cooler he doesnt need anything crazy (around $30). I am mainly trying to whittle the prices down and double check everything by you guys.
EDIT: Also no case needed
2. Budget is around $400 (flexible)
3. USA
4. Parts wise he needs everything for now except a gpu and case. He has an old dell but I have a feeling it will be a bad idea using parts from it. So ram, cpu, mb, dvd drive, hard drive, psu, aftermarket cooler.
5. none for now, 5-6 yr old dell seems not worth it
6. Yes, as much as possible
7. 19'' monitor
8. The PC will be built when i return home so around August 13th. I will be buying August 6th so about 2 weeks. Just doing this in advance to get an idea.
9. No features needed
10. No OS needed
mb: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130265
dvd drive: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827135201
psu: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817341022
cpu: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103644
ram: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231122
Only used newegg for now. Been looking more as newegg blows on prices. After market cooler he doesnt need anything crazy (around $30). I am mainly trying to whittle the prices down and double check everything by you guys.
EDIT: Also no case needed
Last edited: