GeFrorce GTX 590 in Quad SLI Mode

Hello Guys! I recently enabled my 2x Geforce GTX 590 cards in Quad sli mode. When i play games my fps is awesome. But i am having 1 problem, whenever i try to minimize to desktop or switch between games and windows, my monitor goes black for few seconds. Before when i played with 1 card. It was instant minimize between games and desktop or any other windows open. No Black screen at all. But SLI mode takes like 2 or 3 seconds to go to windows and whenever i go back to game, takes 2 or 3 seconds. I searched everywhere to fix this problem. But no solution yet. I would really appreciate if you guys help me out. Thanks in advance

maybe not using the best or recommended drivers for it? cause that does sound like an odd issue. I now every now and then for my single it takes abit longer to tab out depending on the game.

Which version of Windows are you using? I think I remember seeing this as one of the ongoing issues in the driver release notes that is specific to Windows and GTX 590 Quad-SLI.

I am using windows 7. I contacted nvidia. They asked me if I am using the latest driver, which I am. And if 1 of the card is damaged. I tested them 1 by 1. They both work fine. But in sli mode I only get that problem I mentioned above. Then he asked me to try a different sli bridge. I am gonna buy a new bridge and see that fixes the problem.

Back