• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

GeForce4 users! What drivers do you recommend?

AcidicRage

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jul 18, 2002
Messages
346
Hi everyone. I was wondering for all of you who have GeForce4 Ti4600 128MB (or GF4 series), which drivers do you use that will allow you play older and newer games? I know this may sound crazy... but I always like to stay updated with drivers regardless of card version... I just have a flick for newer drivers even if my card is older than the current series. But now, I feel like the newer drivers are giving me tons of problems (crashes, etc)--perhaps I should stick with older drivers. For all you GF4/Ti4600 users, which drivers are a must that would allow me to play from older to newer games (balance between image/performance) or at least what series (40's, 50's, 60's, 70's, etc) do you recommend? Thanks!
 
i've had no issues with a ti4200 playing anything but that card doesnt do directx 9 so you cant play newer games no matter what drives you used, you'd need to force the game into dx 8.1 (like half life 2)
 
44.03 is the outright fastest, (especially for 3dMarks)

but are several generations old and may not work perfectly with newest games.

So as always I'd recommend the latest WHQL'd official drivers.
 
I am currently using the official drivers that were availiable last week on my Geforce4 4400. It works great. There is no "forcing" you have to do to play newer games, they automatically recognize the hardware as DirectX 8.1 and adjust accordingly.
 
chrisf6969 said:
44.03 is the outright fastest, (especially for 3dMarks)

but are several generations old and may not work perfectly with newest games.

So as always I'd recommend the latest WHQL'd official drivers.
Makes sense since those were the "cheater" drivers.
 
My brother has my old ti4600, and I had used 44.71 the whole time I had it and it worked fine. Then he got it and HL2 + those drivers would restart the machine. So he upgraded to 77.71 and everything has been working since.
 
Back
Top