GeForce4 MX440-8X overclock

im_electronic

Limp Gawd
I have a system specs as folows:
1.6 applebred duron @ 1.92 (160*12) mobo has vo Vdd adjustments or I'de get more
nForce 2 ultra 400 mobo-ecs cheapo
2x256 DDR in dual channel-a stick of 2100 and a stick of 3200
MSI Geforce4 MX440-8X -250 core/405 RAM, these are the default speeds

I use powerstrip to OC the vid card to 332/540 and it runs stable and cool, this is with a fan added to the OEM passive heatsink, and passive cooling added to the RAM, with good case thermals.

is there any other app to overclock with that will let me push it more, or some setting in powerstrip i'm missing?

using the detected settings for CS:S and the test I get 76 fps at default clock, 93 fps w/ vid card OC'd

BTW: this is my computer built from parts I had around minus the mobo I bought, my other sysem is an A64 2800, 1 gig RAM, and a 9800XT

installed coolbits, having good luck compared to last time I used coolbits on a nVidia card,
360/600

Yea, I've used coolbits myself since I started overclocking nvidia cards...3rd party software, while having some more options (mainly for unlocking 6800NU), doesn't seem like it's neccessary to overclock when nvidia has it's own program for doing it. Also, keep away from any kind of 'auto overclock'...always find your ceiling yourself.

Does Rivatuner work on that card? That's what I am using righ now on my card, I used coolbits and powerstrip and Rivatuner and they all seem similar. You may have just hit the top of your overclock, that's a good FPS improvement. You sure nothing is overheating? Also is your PSU keeping up?

380/600 is my max stable OC on the video card. pretty good for a lame MX card, directX 7 graphics.

130 mhz gain on the core and 195 RAM is pretty good.

Back